Page 324 of 546 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 5451

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 324

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    SNOW?!?

Oh man, I miss living in Florida! I just finished mowing the lawn, and it went from sunny and warm to cloudy and very breezy-so I can't say the weeds as planned, gotta come up with a plan B, pulling them does not sound like a good plan B, but it looks like that is going to have to be it.

I am with ya, boy could I use a nap! Mondays are hard, because I tend to sleep in on Sundays. So I am not anywhere near tired enough to go to bed at 9:30 in order to even have a shot at 8 hours.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Ok.. we were to have sleet this morning, so far a few scattered drops. However, rain today and tomorrow.

Last night I got a call at 4pm that a slot opened up at DD's therapist... needless to say I snagged it and we ate on the fly. Good, bad and ugly I am determined to track it on MFP and then in my spreadsheet. Over on calories, WAY over on carbs as well but FBS this morning is 108. Weight is up 1. However, I just got to thinking, I have not taken ANY meds since Friday! This explains A LOT as well as retention of water.

I woke at 4am (very annoying) and feel sleepy even now.

Has anyone heard of Vema vitamins? They are liquid vitamins my mom takes. She wanted me to take it as I am still dealing with this cold/allergies to boost my immune system. I think they are working. I dunno. They are hella expensive though. I almost dont care HOW well they work, I am not going to spend that much for them.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Except for yesterday, I track everything....good, bad, ugly. I was tempted not to weight this morning, but I reminded myself that it is JUST a data point. Logged it and moving on.

I barely remember to take vitamins...like once every 6 months. DH is faithful. I have not seen that brand.

its a brand you have to order from s supplier. A month is $75. It does not taste bad but ummm.. I am not paying that I dont care how good they are. I only remember my vitamins when they are with my meds. I take them all at the same time.
    Karin

I have never been good about taking pills-whether supplements or prescription-unless I thought one of the side effects was weight loss! But I am trying really hard.

I feel like I have heard of that, maybe in my gastro's office they had a brochure?

I think the only way I would consider plunking down $75 a month for them was if I witnessed a near miracle in my energy levels, reduction of appetite to the point that I was dropping fat like melting butter, quality of sleep like a baby, and made the rest of my medications/supplements unnecessary!

agreed. I will say however, that as horrible as my cough sounds, I do not feel that bad. A little tired perhaps but thats it. I have not taken much medicine for this chest cold though.. I REALLY want my body to fight it itself if possible.
    Karin

So, after I read your comment about $75 vitamins, and because I am bored, I decided to roam around the internet. Turns out there is a certification that companies can get to let consumers know that the supplement actually contains what the label says it contains. It is either a USP or an NSF and should be clearly marked on the label.

I use Trader Joe's vitamins, and they are not marked (their website says they are "assayed for potency" but not by whom), so I will be switching over to the Kirkland brand (from Costco) as I run out. I just googled "USP certified supplements" and found this page...USP Verified Dietary Supplements | U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention

I couldn't find a similar one for the NSF certification, you have to search a product individually.

anyway fyi

checking in.. so far so good for today's food although I think I am shy protein and fat wise. I think I am making some pate tonight and will put it on cukes or in lettuce leaves. I dunno... need to upper that fat without over doing the carbs. I have to remind myself that I CAN go to 30 carbs if we are talking veggies.
    Karin

And it takes a lot of lettuce or cukes to really get serious carbs!

yup.. thats what I figure. I may even make me a salmon patty for dinner as well.. that ought to upper my stuff nicely.
    Karin