Page 323 of 636 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 6352

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 323

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    ok, I seriously missed something. But, I am still here rooting you on. Focus on health and the decisions that will make you physically able to best cope with what you are dealing with right now. Sometimes, well, that is a big ole chunk of birthday cake, and sometimes it is a slab of beef, do what you need to do. Worrying about you.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thinking of you. Just restart when you are able.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Today I am not as numb as yesterday. Yesterday's feelings toward everything were way off- it was much like out-of-body. I have slept a lot (the cold does not help with this) but am feeling better today. I plan to hop back into it tomorrow. I have not had much today that I could not start back today but I am just not going to push it. Needless to say, I had a birthday cake for the first time in a long time, along with ice cream. I initiated this.. mom was supportive and did not buy any but after Friday, well.. I was just done and wanted cake. It was a cherry chocolate chip and WAY TOO STINKIN SWEET! Lets just say, I am caked out now. We did not really celebrate my birthday because I really felt ill. We will go out to dinner when I get back from the conference.

I am trying to get the house semi organized/cleaned because I am off to a conference next weekend. I have to admit I am excited about getting AWAY.. just AWAY. I have been cooking bone broth for the past 4 days. Its super rich and I am trying something new: cooking it down to condense and then if I can get it thick enough, I am going to use parchment paper in my dehydrator and pour it in. This way, I have homemade instant bone broth but the website said her kids liked to eat it in pieces before crushing it into a powder. So, I dunno.. experimenting with the dehydrator again. I currently have banana chips in the dehydrator for Lily. I am also planning on making some cauliflower "popcorn" and some beef jerky before I leave. I am hoping the "popcorn" turns out because Saturday night is bingo for some cool teacher gear, and they normally serve traditional popcorn that I do not want.

For the conference I will leave Friday afternoon and return Sunday afternoon. I am planning to take a cooler with some items although, they feed us pretty well when there and its doable primal wise. The cooler of items is just so I do not get caught unprepared and then stuck eating a poor choice. I also want to take my CM since I am still going dairy free. I can almost say, I do not miss dairy at all.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Happy Belated Birthday. The conference sounds like fun.

Getting my head back in the game after crashing and burning big time (cake, ice cream, pizza and margaritas- I said it was bad) this weekend. I am trying to manage and deal with stress that was this past weekend. I know I did not handle it optimally. I am still reading and re-reading speed in regards to this. Feeling better (EMOTIONALLY) today even though I am up 6 pounds. FBS 118 this morning- its fine. The team of teachers is taking me and another colleague to lunch today to celebrate our birthdays. Her's was Friday and mine Saturday. The good news it is at the cafe.. so omelets or eggs and bacon or sausage is a good bet.

Focus on the positive: The chest cold sounds and feels like things are breaking up. Its not gone but I am all for progress.
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Sometimes, you gotta take progress in any form that you can! Have a great day.

I would call your birthday cake/ice cream/pizza/margarita escapade "living life" You can't let your weight stop you from celebrating your birthday in what ever way you enjoy! But you can nip it in the bud.

You still sound a little down, so I would ask you to please do something, even 1 small thing, just for you today. Even if it is just a bath soak at the end of the day, with your aromatherapy oils dropped in, and set up a audio meditation (binaural beats on youtube, many are free, and for stress reduction). I am guessing you could download one to a cd or maybe your Kindle?

Chris- I will do something later today. After reading your post, I got out the only essential oil I have with me today called "Magnify your purpose" and put it on to help. Yes, I suppose I am a bit down. You know, its not the food-palooza that has caused this. Its the emotional roller coaster my daughter threw me on this weekend. I have got to do something to be a better mom and handle things better.
    Karin

Children throw their parents onto emotional roller coasters, it is not a reflection of your mom qualities!

My worst mom moment, when we were living in different cities, I was with DD and DH had DS in Florida. First off letting him take DS with him was probably my worst mom decision ever! Then one day DD was whining about something and I snapped, and just started throwing stuff. Not at her, and nothing breakable (mostly cause we were very minimalist at the time and didn't have anything breakable in the tiny studio apt we were living in). The good thing about it was that it made her realize I had moments of crazy, and she needed to watch her step. Cleaned her act right up. That was also about the same time that I started to whisper at them when I got mad, mostly so I could control my temper, but boy was it effective-totally wigged them out!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    lunch out was good today. I have a Philly cheese omelet and cottage cheese instead of hash-browns. It was very yum.

No sunshine today and its cold (they are calling for MORE FLIPPING SNOW WED OR THURS) and its impacting my mood in a not so positive way. At least half the school day is about done. All I can think of right now is a nap sounds good.
    Karin