Page 321 of 540 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 5400

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 321

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Karin that sounds like a totally reasonable place to start. And yes it is 4 calories/g for both protein and carb and 9/g for fat.

I wonder if you did a couple of days (or a week) where you kept to the 1700 calories and the 20g or so carbs but let the fat and protein fall where they will and see where you land naturally and if that would give you a downward trend on the scale? Then you would have some data points, and if you lost week on top of that you would know you don't have to be so hard nosed about the macros.

Hope I am not confusing the issue here.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Thats a good point Chris. Easpecially because when I calculated the macros I set about my calories would run 1228-1364 which is too low to start. I think I do not lose with calories that low, at least now.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Here's my theory. You would initially lose weight at between 1200 to 1300, but you might well be pretty unhappy. But then you would plateau. And probably hard. We all do.... Only, at that point, you now don't have a lot of wiggle room. That's okay if you're getting close to goal, you can go down a hair. Or, you can wait it out, and I suspect it would be a decently long wait. But, I know us all, we have no patience to wait out a plateau, especially since we are not looking at those last 10 "vanity" pounds (oh, how I wish...). [BTW, I was using too low of a weight for your BMI...a 25% reduction is 1775 calories, so I think 1600-1700 calories is a really good place to start.]

Woo hoo on the internet.

And I agree with Chris. Keep the carbs between 20 and 30 and just let the protein and fat fall out at first and see if you lose weight. If not, then you could tweak macros (and you'd have a good comparison of where you naturally fall out).

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    If you don't like JUDDD, it's just too hard to keep up. Maybe you have too much stress in your life for Down Days to even be feasible. Good luck finding what works and is sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    If you don't like JUDDD, it's just too hard to keep up. Maybe you have too much stress in your life for Down Days to even be feasible. Good luck finding what works and is sustainable.
    there is probably some merit to the stress and that making this harder than it probably should be.

Ruth- I think you are right with the lack of wiggle room going too low. I had not thought of it like that before. So, until Next Friday I am going to stick with carbs between 20-30, let the fat and protein fall where they may and shoot for 1600-1700 calories to start.
    Karin

yep, and to start I would lean toward the high end, for the same reason Ruth mentioned. wiggle room for plateaus. Also, there is no hurry for the weight loss, as long as the trend is steadily down, and higher calories allow for more enjoyment and variety, especially in the beginning. I think one of the things I tend to do is jump in really hard and then it starts to feel extreme and little cheats begin. Getting low carb for me was way easier the second time I did it because I just kept slowly going lower. The first time I jumped in and felt like crap for months.

Ok.. so today is really my official start of the new plan. My birthday may skew things a bit as we are going out for Mexican (I think) or Montana Mikes. Montana Mikes would be more friendly to my plan. Tomorrow we are going to an archeology thing (I dont know if festival is the right word) which sounds like fun.

I am still fighting this cold and downing the hot tea.

TGIF! More later!
    Karin

Your birthday won't mess things up at all. Say you eat 2,000 calories...just "make up" those 300 during the week sometime - 100 calories a day - you can do that.

Hope the cold gets better! I hate spring colds.

PrimalCon New York
    Yep, what she says. There is no such thing as messing up, just working out the average. This is a life plan not a document etched in stone right?