Thread: The Journey begins with me page 319

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ooo I want a nap in the worst way.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Yesterday's ud was good I think. I bought some "patio" steaks. Not sure exactly what they are except good! They were small but full of flavor. I also bought some cauliflower and some cukes for the dehydrator.

Starting last night and continuing today we have MASSIVE rain (hooray) mixed in with some ice (boo). The ditch in front of my house is FULL and there are ice droplets hanging from the trees. Got to love spring!

CW: 280 still
    FBS: It was all I had to just get out of bed much less prick my finger

I am reading Paleobirds massive carnivore thread. I have to say I enjoy it and am glad there are others besides me that are not all wild about veggies. I am convinced now I will not die if I do not eat broccoli ever again. I dont necessarily dislike it, but its never a choice when paired with almost anything else.

dd today. I brought bone broth (which is good on a day like today). I am also having dairy free bp coffee. I think the fat will help some.. we shall see. I am trying to find the right combination that will not make me crazy and binge happy when I get home from work on dd's.

Last night I tried those shiratake noodles for the first time. They are dairy free, soy free, calorie free( snort), gluten free etc. etc. They were not bad. I tried melting some butter in them and adding parm cheese. Not great but not horrible. Would I do that again? Probably not.

Fighting a cold (I think). The allergy dr changed the mg in my advair and coincidentally this is when it started- but then so did some extra humidity. Dry cough, a little achey, I just want to sleep.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I just put a recipe for a "peanut sauce" in the LCHF group thread. You could use sunbutter instead and it would still be good. I put it on the noodles and the boys gobbled them up! I think the noodles work best with sauces that have some serious flavor, and because of their texture, for me they scream for asian sauces.

Our spring went straight to hot. DH and I are now in our terminal argument about what the temperature for sleeping should be when using the AC as opposed to the heat. I woke up last night with my hair and top damp from sweat. He says it is menopause/hot flash, but since it is TTOM, well not so much. And my point is it doesn't matter, 75 is too warm for sleeping (we used to keep it at 68 before he turned into an old fart!). Anyway, I would have welcomed a little ice last night!

Im hungry
    Karin

Sorry. I have just had a couple of twinges, but I don't normally eat lunch until 2 or 2:30 so I have another hour or so. Actually until about 10 minutes ago I actually forgot it was a dd.

I have to be honest.. of all the things we have done.. I think I dislike JUDDD the most. I am going to try and keep at it until the end of the month though before I make a decision.
    Karin

ok, well I want to be supportive, but honestly if you don't enjoy it you are not going to keep it up for maintenance. Essentially the point is to create enough of a deficit in a way that you can enjoy/manage so that you can keep it up for life. I would suggest that you go to your weight chart, see where you were losing weight, then look and see what you were doing then.

I think that it is not only about the plan it is about the timing, as I have shown many times (the one that pops to my head is the weighing/scale thing).

We do know now that creating the deficit is essential, and each body works in different ways.

So if this is the least favorite what was your favorite? And can you make that work for you?

You are right, this would be a tough maintenance for me. I also agree there needs to be a caloric deficit. This is much like the fast 5 I did last year. The fasting became real work and I wonder if this is not why I gravitate to sugar in the evenings on dd's. I have been hungry all day, even after my small dinner.

Where was I happiest.. besides never counting calories (which got me to this point), I did not mind high protein (SPEED) although I think my protein goals were absurd. I also like the EMF protocol. I was kicking the sugar when my macros where in line. I noticed, when I quit focusing on the fat, the sugar cravings increased. However, there were days I could have eaten more protein than was called for on EMF.
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    ^^ Totally agree. Karin, if you hate it, ditch it. Really. It's not going to work. I'm all for giving things a fair shot, but not if it's torture (it's not, for example, me not eating gluten because it makes me sick...yeah, in that case, I just have to suck it up). There are plenty of other permutations for you to try!

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ^^ Totally agree. Karin, if you hate it, ditch it. Really. It's not going to work. I'm all for giving things a fair shot, but not if it's torture (it's not the same thing, for example, as me not eating gluten because it makes me sick...yeah, in that case, I just have to suck it up). There are plenty of other permutations for you to try!