Page 314 of 637 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364414 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 6361

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 314

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    ok, so I googled "birthday treats for school" and did the images. A couple of ideas....

-Twinkies with a printed wrapper on each.
    -Print a piece of paper "thanks for making my birthday s'more fun" make "s'mores" by taking graham cracker smear with fluff (or use Kraft stackable marshmallows, or even PB if that is still allowed) put a chocolate bar then the other half of the graham cracker. Put in baggie and staple the note to the front.
    -There are actually more than a few ideas where you put different things in a baggie (a starburst, a kiss, a marker, a rolo) close the bag and attach a printed note to it.

You are a much nicer mom than I ever was! The only time I did anything like this was the few times that DS's birthday fell on the weekend when they had church camp. I could be wrong, but I don't remember ever taking stuff to the classroom for birthdays. I did make some wild cakes for their small gatherings of friends/family at the house though.
    -

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I am an OK mom. In the past I have been known to buy the rice crispy treats and juice boxes and call it good. However, it being the LAST time I thought something unusual is in order. I like the graham cracker idea.. that is cute. However, I am also liking the $10 pizza idea and juice boxes. LOL Lazy lazy lazy me!

So far the up day is going well. The weather has put a damper on everything though. For 2 days it has been cold and rainy. We have had it spit hail and sleet at times as well. This after 70+ degrees on the weekend.

I took some more bone broth out of the freezer for tomorrows dd. If I can be liquid during the day and save the majority of my calories for the evening like I did Monday I will be happy.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Well this morning I am at 279. I do not know what my weight was Monday and Tuesday but I know it was 281 on Sunday.

So Mondays calories were 481
    Tuesdays calories were 1875 for an average of 1178. However, my macros for yesterday were out of control. Carbs: 42, fat: 131 and protein 110. I will agree since it was an up day, I did not stress about eating certain foods. I KNOW I could have made some better choices but chose not to.

For todays dd, I have pre-entered my journal. Standard dairy free coffee for breakfast, 2 cups bone broth with bouillon for lunch, or while I am at school and then tonight I am frying up some ground turkey breast and will season it to have either a taco salad or some sort of lettuce wrapped tacos. I would like to find a recipe for a more asian seasoning for asian lettuce wraps with it tonight maybe.
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Woo hoo, Karin, a drop! Onward.

Have a great day. Sounds like you have a good plan going.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    One of my favorite cookies that is a bit special, and holds up well is the Chocolate Chip S'More. (Obviosly- NOT primal!)

Make a batch of chocolate chip cookies, substituting graham cracker crumbs for half the flour. Make twice as many cookies as you need finished CCSMs. Make the cookies on the small side, about 2" diameter.

Working with three or four at a time, place cookies, flat side UP, on a plate. Top each with 1/2 of a large marshmallow. Zap in the microwave until the marshmallows puff up and get soft. Immediately top each marshmallow with another cookie, flat side DOWN. Let cool/firm up. These make generous sandwich-style cookies.

Nice to see a drop. Your calorie counts look good. Good job!
    Last edited by Sabine; 04-03-2013 at 09:21 AM.

^^ oh those look DIVINE!!

I can not tell if I am starting to feel hungry, or its that empty feeling. Sometimes the empty feeling (not hunger) is hard to get used to. I have heated one cup of bone broth. I am hoping I can save the other for about lunch time. I need to remember to drink other fluids as well.
    Karin

congrats on the downward shift!

I am noticing my tummy grumbles and then stops and then returns maybe an hour later, then stops. I just finished drinking my 50oz bottle of ACV water. Then I need to drink my broth/bouillon/butter. Then I will start on the second 50oz bottle of ACV water. I obviously could not do that if I was a teacher! I have made at least 6 potty breaks this morning already!

This dd is so much easier than Monday's, don't know if it is because I am at work or because I had a better ud yesterday than Sunday.

my tummy kinda sounds like thunder in the distance.. I am trying to ignore it.
    Karin

This last grumble actually became uncomfortable. So it went beyond the noise to an actual discomfort where the sound was coming from. I am drinking my butter and bouillon now.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    "Is that the sound of distant drums?"

Let's dance!

Sorry, weird sense of humor.