Page 308 of 637 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 6361

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 308

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    My first DD was 596 calories -- given that I'm supposed to be around the low 300 mark, it wasn't exactly stellar. But, I'm seeing consistent downward results, so I wouldn't sweat it!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I am doing weights on my UD's. I thought doing on a DD might now be a good idea, unless its in the morning?? What do you think?

As for the blood work.. this is beyond my ken. Biology IS NOT my thing. I will read the article. I just hope my ADHD does not kick in so I can understand it. LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Truth is that on the JUDDD website the calculator allows for a higher percentage of calories on your down days, although they suggest that you hold to 500 in the first 2 weeks. That seems arbitrary to me, so I doubt it is set in stone. My dd's tend to be closer to 600.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I am doing weights on my UD's. I thought doing on a DD might now be a good idea, unless its in the morning?? What do you think?

As for the blood work.. this is beyond my ken. Biology IS NOT my thing. I will read the article. I just hope my ADHD does not kick in so I can understand it. LOL
    I just misunderstood when your dd was in relation to the LHT, I thought you said you did them yesterday and plan to do them tomorrow. I thought those were your dd's, I think weights would probably be easier done on ud's. Although, I feel pretty good (assuming sleep is up to par) on my dd's and it would give you something to do to keep your mind off of food. Maybe once you have done this for a few weeks and you can discern a pattern. Pretty brave to start a change in diet and a change in exercise on the same day.

the article has some deeper parts, but the important part about ratios is pretty straight forward.

Lifting the morning of DD is probably great. You are still fueled from your previous UD.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Lifting the morning of DD is probably great. You are still fueled from your previous UD.
    This was my thinking.

Actually, I started some weight work this morning because of flabby arms and loose skin.. its all fueled by vanity.
    Karin

Looking at the cholesterol info, according to the Iranian formula my cholesterol is 180. I would assume this is a more accurate total cholesterol than the 275 that is reported. While I will show this to my doctor, I will have him compare than the triglicerides have gone down and the HDL has come up.
    Karin

I didn't catch the Iranian formula. I was just looking at the ratio vis a vis the risk factors.

To be honest, I did not understand the whole ratio thing. I wish it would say, "xyz" ratio is good l"mnop" ratio is bad.

Well for an UP, I did not plan well today. Although, I have to say, I am not "hungry" but I can eat. This would explain why I am overweight. Currently fighting a virus I think. My right gland under my chin has been sore since last night. For years I have used food as a medicine. So now, I am drinking my dandelion tea but will move onto a cup of bouillon when I am done and or a cup of coffee. Anyway, for lunch I brought a chicken breast and a 1/2 a cucumber. My calories for the day are lacking a bit. I think for dinner I am going to do a nice fritatta with ham and some veggies (no cheese-still dairy free). I may end with some bakers chocolate and a little sunbutter dessert. I need to plan my UP's as well as my DD's. Tonight I will pre-measure my bone broth to take for lunch etc. tomorrow.
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 03-26-2013 at 10:12 AM.
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Those sciencey articles are never direct!