Page 307 of 614 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 6134

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 307

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ok.. I just entered a salad. My macro percentages are off. How important are macros at this point?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I am going to plan to just go low carb and hit the calories, then work on the macros just like when I first started the whole percentages thing. Only so many things you can do at once!

Ok.. I figured low carb was first priority..
    Karin

I am still going to try to keep the protein low as well, but yes for me the priority ranking is 1. calories, 2. carbs, 3. protein, 4. let the fat fall where it will. I am not worrying about percentages, just the numbers.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    My macro percentages are off. How important are macros at this point?
    If you are worried about NK, then your absolute levels of carbs and protein are the most important - not the %s. Of course, this is assuming we know what our max protein and carbs are, which I know has been a challenge for us

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I am still going to try to keep the protein low as well, but yes for me the priority ranking is 1. calories, 2. carbs, 3. protein, 4. let the fat fall where it will. I am not worrying about percentages, just the numbers.
    Yes. I'm now renewing my focus on protein (my carbs are always pretty low). I think I've let my protein trend a bit too high, but it was needed because I wasn't prepared for all my travel. I think, if I can get a week or two under my belt, I can keep the protein where it needs to be when I travel. My weight loss has been good, even with higher protein, but I'm worried about maintaining my LBM, which is why I'm concerned with NK. I need a monitor. Sigh.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I am doing something with my weight charts that you might find helpful. On one chart I have a thin line connecting all my down day weights, and an overlapping one connecting all my up day weights. This way I do not have the continual zig zag, but rather two lines that are both going (mostly) down.

I started tracking my weights from ud's and dd's on separate charts on MFP

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to make my Excel spreadsheet soon and then try and figure out how to share it on google docs (or whatever that is).

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I'm going to make my Excel spreadsheet soon and then try and figure out how to share it on google docs (or whatever that is).
    great idea. I will share mine too

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I started tracking my weights from ud's and dd's on separate charts on MFP
    I did not know this was possible

Yesterday:
    UGH.. crashed with my calorie/macros intake. Good grief! I will do better next DD. Today is an UD, hooray (even though yesterday was not TERRIBLE). However, because I crashed yesterday and succumed to chocolate my FBS this morning was 139. However, my weight was back down to 280 (-2).

I also got the biometric results I did before spring break and compared it to last year.

My weight was 10 pounds higher this year as to last
    BMI last year 45.2, this year 46.8
    BP last year 115/86 this year 113/81
    Glucose was the same 91
    Cholesterol last year 265 this year 275
    Triglicerides last year136 this year 85
    HDL last year 59 this year 64
    LDL last year 179 this year 194
    VLDL last year 27 this year 17
    non-HDL last year 206 this year 211

my overall wellness score went from 70 to 62. They count weight, exercise, nutrition (CW), stress, tobacco, cancer, cholesterol and blood pressure as measures. It says I am high risk at weight and stress but at borderline for nutrition, cancer and BP.

Basically the report says I am in crap condition.

On a more positive note, I did start weight on arms this morning. I got an app on my kindle that has a video. You choose 5 min, 8 min etc. I did most of it but will do the whole thing tomorrow. My weights were 5 pound dumb bells but hope to work my way up.
    Karin

you can track any measurement you want in MFP, just go to "check in" from the home page and at the bottom you can either edit a previous record or add something to track.

So you are doing the weights on your dd's?

Don't punish yourself today because yesterday was less than successful, if you do it will only make tomorrow harder.

wow, your triglycerides went down and your HDL's went up. The Paleo Premise: Troubleshooting High Cholesterol