Page 306 of 618 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 6178

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 306

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I keep saying this - I want to try and corn the beef heart. I think it will be really good. That, or I want to make jerky. Supposed to make an awesome jerky!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    check chowstalker for the beef heart recipes.

Karin, you are going to have to get thick skinned about that metal monster doing this uddd experiment, a lot of bouncing around happens. For my dd's morning tea (which I use to replace my coffee, which I don't drink at home anymore) I use thinned coconut milk and make it an iced drink. My canned coconut milk is from Trader Joes, and it is "light". I put the contents of the can into a half gallon container and fill it the rest of the way with water. 8 oz of that is 30 calories, I mix this with the prepared tea, add stevia and ice and sip away. I know this doesn't sound as appealing on a 23degree day, but it give me more fluid and is more filling than if I just drink the tea with a splash of CM.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I got a little heart because I wanted to try it and I am the only one who will eat it, I think. I will look into corning it though.

Chris- Brrr the thought of cold tea makes me shiver today. These 60/20, 60/20 degree days just suck. There is no other way to describe it. LOL However, I like the idea of thinning the CM especially for DD's. That is a good idea. I am using the tropical traditions CM. I need to drink some bouillon as the tummy is growling at my already.

In regards to the metal monster.. I am trying to be thick skinned. I am trying to be analytical and just report in my spreadsheet. I know in the end it is what it is. I have been on this roller coaster for years, I just try not to get sick.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I started using the trader joes CM because it is just coconut milk and water, nothing else is added. I don't know if the tropical traditions would mix after you added the water and put it in the fridge? Maybe if you took the "cream" off the top, then just mixed the liquid with less water. Or maybe if they have a light version? I just put the trader joes stats into "recipe" in MFP then made it 8 servings instead of 5, and call it homemade cm, and that is how I figured out the details for tracking. It is about 30 calories for 8oz that way.

I just finished my smoothie and my fingers are almost numb! I am off to make a cup of hot tea!

tropical traditions is coconut milk, water and gar gum. What the heck is gar gum? Hmmm... I need to work on this at home. No pitchers to thin it here.
    Karin

guar gum is a thickening agent. I am pretty sure it is considered primal, but it may create an issue with the mixing. You will have to experiment with it.

ok. I also like that Thai kitchen coconut milk. Not sure if gar gum is in that one.

I have pre-entered most of my DD today. Is it me or does it look bleak..
    Karin

you are still like 170 short right? I think that we will learn to focus on something other than food while we endure our dd's!

p.s. I tend to eat things on my dd's that are a lot of food for a few calories, this is when I will eat a stir fry or salad, you get a lot of green veggies for very few calories. I ordered some of the konjac noodles to add to roasted cabbage and maybe a small piece of fish or shrimp.
    Last edited by demuralist; 03-25-2013 at 09:04 AM.

ok, if it really is gar gum, I don't know what that is, but I think most of them have a thickening agent in them, the light probably just has less.

yup..about 170 short. A salad is a pretty good idea. I happen to have just bought salad stuff last night since my fridge was bare from being gone..lol
    Karin