Page 303 of 617 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 6167

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 303

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Lavender is something i use a lot. You know you can put oils in a small dark spray bottle with distilled water and spritz yor sheets before bed. I cant remember if you heat it or what i got the idea on pinterest.

Ps i am up early on vaca too

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Today I woke (sleep was great btw.. thanks to essential oils) and then spend 4 1/2 hours in hell, I mean the DMV. Since my license expires next month, I had to get a new one when I had time without taking off work.. today. This is suppose to be a new system..ugh!

So last night I got a wild hair (I know, I am full of them), anyway, I started doing a search of other occupations I can do with a teaching certificate. I am not sure I want to do this forever, I don;t know. Nothing ventured, nothing gained- I updated the resume and applied for 2 jobs. We will see. I think these jobs are in Dallas.

So eating had not been great yesterday which would explain today's headache. Today's eating has been much better.

FBS this morning was 94- surprising considering the amount of crap I ate while traveling. I have not weighed myself since I am still not "home".
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Sleep was awesome last night again even though I am not home. Amazing!

I am really looking into the DDUD and thinking about it because here lately I am struggling with daily macros. Of course, its the vacation factor but its still frustrating. Another part of the vacation factor is the forgetting to take my meds (woke wheezing this morning and the dog was grumping every time I exhaled LOL) I need to remind myself vacation is not a break from meds.

I might just be ready to head back to work Monday.. I did say "might".

FBS when i wake a bit more and weigh and measure day tomorrow..*le sigh* not looking forward to it..

edit:
    Just used a recommended calculator and got these results:
    TO LOSE 2 lb PER WEEK:
    To lose 2 lb a week safely decrease your daily intake to 1,026 calories.

You have decided to eat 20 grams of carbohydrate a day. This is 7.8% of your total diet caloric intake.

Required Protein Intake: 79 grams of high quality protein.

This would be supplied by: 13.2 ounces or 370 grams of a high quality protein food like meat, fish, eggs, or cheese, which typically contain 6 grams of protein.

These recommendations are based on the fact that you are eating a ketogenic diet with an intake of 20 grams of carbohydrate a day.

Maximum Fat Intake: 70 grams.

For every 1 gram of protein you eat over 79 grams of protein, reduce your fat intake by .5 grams to stay within the calorie limits compatible with your weight loss goal.

Do not lower your fat intake below 68 grams which is 30% of total calories.

the calories seem REAL LOW but its doable I think, the carbs are what I have been doing, the protein is about right if I remember its the high side, and the fat is lower than what I have been getting. Perhaps this is why I have stalled?
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 03-23-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    Karin

It snowed last night.. ugh.. about 6 inches. This means digging out again.

After using one of the NK calculators yesterday, posting the results, mulling it over and reading over the results again. I think the overall calorie count is too low (not sure how or why that is). I need to reign in my macros.

I still think 1500-1600 calories (max) 1026 calories seem WAY TOO LOW.. although, surely weight-loss would happen
    20g carbs
    65-79g protein
    70g fat (this seems doable since I have cut out dairy)

this seemed like an interesting statement: For every 1 gram of protein you eat over 79 grams of protein, reduce your fat intake by .5 grams to stay within the calorie limits compatible with your weight loss goal.
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Yuck. 6"? Spring storms can be so brutal!

yup.. 6 inches. Hopefully this is the last of spring storms involving snow. Of course, then its tornado season.
    Karin

Karin, not pushing the JUDDD or anything but did you go to their website and plug in for their calculations? I really think trying to do 1026 calories every day is way too low.

We are supposed to get snow tonight and tomorrow. I think it has been too warm, but only slightly, for it to stick though. Yep then it is tornado season for us as well.

I went to this website and plugged in which gave me those calories

Calculate Your Ideal Nutrient Intake for Weight Loss or Maintenance

which website has the DDUD calculator? There seem to be many floating around on the EMF thread lol
    Karin

UpDayDownDay Diet™ Plan ? How to Succeed

This is not technically an EMF or NK type protocol, his is just calorie focused, you can do with those calories what you want. So I am not sure that once in NK you would stay in NK after your up day. I will start testing all of this on April 1. But I like it generally.

wait I think I found it. It says to eat:

UP:2383
    DD: 477

isnt the ud too high??
    Karin