Page 302 of 613 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 6125

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 302

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yes, I have been sitting around today and my legs feel leaden.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I have been keeping my feet up for the most part while sitting today. I just woke from a nap though and feel great. I slept for a couple of hours (I did not mean to sleep that long and hope it does not affect sleeping tonight). I have filled up my large travel glass again since I have finished the one before that had ACV in it.

I am missing AS when it comes to my ACV and water. I put in a little honey as every article I have read says natural is better when you do use it. Honey is a killer on the macros and its somewhat affective to dilute the sourness but I think I just need to suck it up and think "lemon water" "lemon water" and just skip it.

My stepmom has started another round of HCG injections (her last was over a year ago and she does not have near as much to lose as me). For her, this method works. I tried a few rounds and while I did lose (who wouldn't on 500 calories a day), it all came back. (Side note: Even on this my body plateaued!!) However, talking with her she is talking more and more paleo. She knows she has an issue with grains and dairy but like most of us, the initial thought of giving them up was absurd. I am hoping she comes around.

I will say, today I dodged a pizza escapade for lunch. I had leftovers of the smoked ribs dad made when Ruth was here. They were a little smokey for me but still tasty.

edit: I am not sure I will be able to quit AS. Especially since its the only sweet I get. *le sigh* have not caved... yet
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 03-19-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    the first few days of any kind of change are always the hardest. If you drop it for 3 weeks and see no change then you can move on to something else.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    For me, too many changes at once leads to failure (unless I'm stress free and can just focus on my diet...rarely happens). You might focus on priorities - 1 month no dairy, then move onto AS. Just a thought. But, you know I'm here to support you which ever way you decide.

Ruth- I think you are right on this one. Dairy is a toughie all its own. I am doing the dairy thing first and will see how it goes. CM in coffee is ok, but I miss the creaminess of the HWC. I think dairy would affect weight long before AS anyway.

This morning:
    FBS 94- I had some of dad's green chili last night and he uses corn starch as a thickener in it so that would explain an increase
    Swelling- my left foot still has it. I have a feeling it will go down today as I go to lower elevation. (I am leaving today instead of yesterday)
    Sleep- terrible.. could not GET to sleep and then STAY asleep. It will catch up with me I know this afternoon.

So, today we are leaving (probably after lunch or at lunchtime) per Lily's request. What has been nice about this visit is Lily's relationship with the family is better. Can you say diagnosis and meds? Although, she has been homesick as only I can really see in her behavior. She will be happier when we are back to a familiar schedule. I am not sure if I am driving through straight home or if we will stop. We will probably stop since my sleep last night was awful.

For today I have mayo and hard boiled eggs ready to go to travel with. I am also bringing some great frozen green chilis home.
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Be safe going home!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Safe Trip.

Food play flew out the window today at 65mph.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Made it to Dodge... checked in.. time to relax. Why do I want ice cream?
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 03-20-2013 at 05:50 PM.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I did home made sugar free jerky and the coconut bars. We did starbucks on the way out of town. Sugar free vanilla latte with half and half. Dinner out was salmon and roasted veggies and caesar salad. It was my up day. I am sur my macros are off though.

I think I my glucose meter is packed in the car or its just too early and i am not seeing it. Anyway, I am up early on vacation. However, sleep was pretty good last night. I might have found a solution. I have been using essential oils for a couple of years however my supply has always been limited. After visiting home though, my oil stash was increased because my stepmom wanted me to take some of them. Here is what I did, I found the oils that help with insomnia or sleep issues. I put a drop of each on a tissue and put the tissue under the pillowcase. Not only did I stay asleep, I fell asleep faster than ever. It was amazing. It was like taking a drug but with no side affects when waking. Here is what I used:

Jasmine
    Lavender
    Sandalwood
    Geranium
    neroli

In the past I have used Lavender alone with no success. This was amazing.

When we get going we should be home in about 3-4 hours. Vacation is nice but its nicer to just get home. I think we will head to my moms and get some puppy time. I admit it, I have missed my dog.
    Karin