Page 3 of 613 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 3

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    reading, questioning, reading, questioning.. this is a great board. I love getting answers that just make sense or reaffirm what I thought.

I know I posted this morning, Im off my groove since carb flu/die off? I am a little OCD so I am posting to get back into my pattern.

Observations: I notice a lot of folks are making and still enjoying baked goods with alternative flours and such. I have looked at recipes, ingredients and then reflected on my own short comings. I think when it comes to baked goods, no matter if they are BP friendly I am going to abstain. For me, I have a nut allergy and its like a compromise (I know me) and I will justify/reason a taste of non PB goods- its a crazy circle/trap I am going to avoid. I have no problem with others and admire that they do not wrestle with this but in the end, I am happy with this decision so it must be the right decision for me. Enjoy your Paleo buns and cookies and have one for me.

What am I eating: Another reason I posted is this is the first normal food day since being ill. I am proud to say I am where I want to be carb and protein wise yet, still falling shy in calories. (1500 today) While I am hoping to see a loss Aug 1, if I do not I will be a bit sad but not frustrated enough to give up. I have to remember, my body is healing from the inside AND from the 2 surgeries I have had this summer not to mention the lack of exercise due to it.

On a side note, I have done away with dairy for the most part and have noticed my wrists don't ache. Coincidence?? I don't believe in them.

What a happy PB day!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Observations: Ok so for the past 2 days I have IF'd lunch. In truth, I was not hungry so I forgot it was lunch. Thats not a bad thing though right? I think its Riff who says, if your not hungry don't eat. I have noticed when I have had a nice high protein breakfast, I am not hungry 5-6- sometimes 7 hours later and again that is sedentary (damn boot).

What am I eating: carbs in line today, protein a little light 65 grams and @1500 calories. Hope this does not come back to bite me in the but.

Exercise: *raspberry* Looking forward to moving more next weekend. I know PB says outside outside... I will not exercise much outside though. Outdoor allergies are awful and I am on so many allergy meds as is. I will do most of my work inside

Can NOT wait for my PB book to come!!
    Karin

Observations: I noticed I am not so consumed with my next meal. For as long as I can think, I have just had to have breakfast, lunch and dinner. Why? I don't know- a way to break up the day? I often ate when I was not hungry. What I have been doing/noticed is I eat breakfast later after I have had a couple of cups of coffee with coconut milk. The question is what will this do to me when I get hungry but can not eat at school because I am teaching? I need a plan. The same can be said for lunch. For the past few days I have IF'd lunch. I felt an empty tummy but was not starving or feeling the need to charge up with food.

What am I eating? Wow.. I am eating good! Good food!! seems I am eating better, more decadent yet simple food and it feels good . Fell shy of targets today: 20 carbs- ok 85 protein-eh, ok 1382 calories- a bit low.

Exercise: I need to keep perspective on this because I am not exercising. I expect to consume more calories and protein when I start.
    Karin

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    What about transitioning to IFing breakfast? That way when school starts it won't be any big deal if you don't get a full breakfast. Either that or eat a couple of hard boiled eggs that you just happen to have ready in your fridge to give you protein to start the day with.

Honeybuns- That is worth considering on those mornings I am not hungry.. thanks for the idea

Observations: Does IFing catch up with you?? After 3 days of IFing lunch today I was HUNGRY breakfast, lunch and dinner and the thing is, I can not think of what else I might have done different or what would have caused this.

What am I eating: Oh MY!!! Bought some beautiful strawberries and organic blackberries.. washed them so I could et some in the mornings... holy crap! I ate 2 little cartons of blackberries!!! They were bursting in my mouth like a concert at a party! What did I do??!!! I did not eat the strawberries but think I am going to hold the berries for a few days due to this excess. Again, starving for all meals.. whats up with that?? I have been eating plenty of fat today and calories.. maybe my female chemisty is jacked today.

Fabu veggie for dinner with my steak.. I took fresh green beans, threw them in a pan with coconut oil and salt and broiled them..oh wow! Ok, not an original recipe but the green beans tasted SO SWEET!

Exercise: nope

Have had a serious headache today. Female chemistry, the heat or a touch of carb flu. It cant be the blackberries, I have had it before then. I thought my carb flu days were over. Slept like crap last night but not because of sleep. I was awakened with a horrendous pain in my foot (the one in the boot) that dang thing spasamed and I just wanted to cry. Tonight a Tylenol 3 to help with that.
    Karin

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I noticed that on the days I have really good protein meals, I am so full that I usually forget a meal but on the days I eat heavier to the veggies and less to the protein, or no protein, I am starving!!

Honeybuns: thanks. I added another egg this morning and it made ALL the difference!! I was not starving at lunch although protein at lunch was skimpy so I was hungry for dinner.

Observations: I think I am getting the hang of this and really like it. I think the heat is zapping me later in the day though.. surely 110 degree temps affect the body! hahah I bought some sausage that looked good, I think this was the cause of the headache yesterday.. no fillers, made with pork shoulder, MSG! Some people seem to do ok with MSG, but not me. I did not even look when I bought it Grrrrr. It was tasty too! I will go back to my jimmy dean natural but am going to investigate making my own. Oh and another observation, I can feel more of my collar bone. Thats the tough part of me losing weight. I lose in stupid places first instead of my densest parts. I lose in my feel, my neck, my face first.. then the other spots follow slowly so I don't feel a difference in clothes for a long time

What am I eating: Eating good.. but ate a few bing cherries today. WOW! Felt a sugar rush I do not feel with berries! Good think I ate at @6. I did eat strawberries today though. I know since I OD'd on blackberries I should have backed off but.. gee.. they are in season!!! Can I just back off this winter??LOL All in all I am eating good food, probably the best I have ever eaten and as a CW I thought I knew what was good.

Exercise: Ok.. getting in and out of the van with the boot CAN be classified as exercise (loosely). I am driving.. but I have to take off the boot and then bend over to strap up when I get to my destination. I consider the strapping up crunches with my gut!
    Karin

belinda is offline Senior Member
    If you get more cramping in your feet, make sure that your magnesium and potassium levels are up, that you're getting some sodium, and that you're well hydrated. Magnesium citrate works well as a supplement and the occasional banana will work for potassium (I have to research what other foods have it).

While you're not eating carby foods full of added vitamins and tons of sodium, you still need to make sure you're getting the supplements that keep your body optimal.

I speak from experience. One evening I was shopping for shoes, took my own shoes off and both of my feet cramped at the same time. I ended up having to walk on my tip toes for a few minutes before they went back to normal.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Belinda: thanks so much for your input. I know that some of the cramping just has to do with the nerves healing from surgery but I do make sure I am taking my supplements. Thanks also for the reminder about magnesium. I know that helps a lot.

Observations: I sometimes think I need to stay in the land of the silent when I see the choices people make and the comments they make. The last thing I want to do is get on the soap box etc. Today, a gal at a seminar I went to was giving her recipe for zucchini bread and mentioned that she uses only olive oil so its pretty much low fat. There is so much wrong with that statement where to begin!!! I stay mute for a couple of reasons: 1) I am still new to the program and 2) a fat girl talking about eating protein and fat doesn't make for a positive outcome. I will also mention at this point, I have not told anyone I am doing PB except family at home. I find that sometimes other peoples good intentions are a set up for failure.

What am I eating: I am eating good and think I have carbs pretty much in line even. Had 7 bing cherries today and a few strawberries for my sweet today. I must say, I love berries and coconut milk (thai kitchen). Today I had such a craving though for an ice cold coke! You know that delicious cool burn at the back of your throat that makes you say, ahhhhh! Victory is mine! I made a pitcher of decaf peach herbal ice tea (unsweetened).

Exercise: 2 more days and the boot is history. I did walk a bit too much yesterday and had pain in my foot so took it easy today.

Still awaiting my PB book but received my quick and easy meals book. Some looks ok, some looks scary and some are just not possible unless I can find a substitute for nuts (allergy).
    Karin

thetodclark is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Saw a person eating breaded chicken on a bun today and it gave me the heebie-jeebies!
    Lol... isn't it funny how our perception changes so abruptly? Every time I go to the cafeteria at work and see that the "healthy" meal is some kind of processed meat product on a bun I want to gag! ... and then warn everyone to stop what they're doing