Page 298 of 624 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 6239

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 298

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Heavy hypothesis and what-if running through my brain.. maybe I am having a mid-life crisis...
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    hahaha, that is what happens when you spend hours chatting with people till all hours of the night! Happens to me every time I go "home".

I did not realize how homesick I was for the region. Even if I did not move back to Colorado, moving more in the vacinity..or just finding a job where I make more money for me and Lily.... ugh..
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Is teacher pay low in Kansas?

would you be able to take you years in if you change states? My aunt moved from PA to Florida and was able to take her time in with her...very helpful

pay is OK.. teachers salaries are never optimal. The salaries tend to go with the cost of living in my opinion.

Chris- there are many states where the licenses are reciprocal. Mom retires in like 3 years or so and we are talking about whether or not we are going to stay in Kansas anyway. We really do not have roots. Although, Lily is not loving the idea so we do ot discuss it much around her.

I suggested New Mexico or Colorado to mom. Getting home would take less time that way and the air is dry.. pretty dry. She counters with Oklahoma and Texas. LOL! I would be fine teaching in Oklahoma. I DO NOT want to teach in Texas. However, I am also looking into other job options... nothing definite.
    Karin

does she have ties in the states she suggests?

I am always curious how people decide to move to a totally different state. We moved because of DH's job, if I had my way we would not be so far from my parents or the beach. His parents were in PA and he moved to Florida for his last job. But in reality he is closer to my parents than he was to his. My parents are very open and loving and fun. His parents were very....tight (they were German, mine are Mediterranean-Italian and Croatian). But the idea of just picking a state really boggles my mind.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Ooh, I love moving to new places. Of course, I don't have much family, and for a long time now, we just move mom with us. I wouldn't mind moving closer to some of DH's family...but generally, I'm up for anything

Does DH have family in the states?

I still have family in PA as well as NC. But all of my immediate family is in Florida. I am a Florida girl at heart and we do plan to retire there. Even the thought of having to move now actually makes me tired.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    does she have ties in the states she suggests?

I am always curious how people decide to move to a totally different state. We moved because of DH's job, if I had my way we would not be so far from my parents or the beach. His parents were in PA and he moved to Florida for his last job. But in reality he is closer to my parents than he was to his. My parents are very open and loving and fun. His parents were very....tight (they were German, mine are Mediterranean-Italian and Croatian). But the idea of just picking a state really boggles my mind.
    She does not have ties anywhere. We are basically looking at state structure, job availability and climate. We moved to Kansas because mom got a job here. So I quit my job, moved with her and then went back to school. The humidity really aggravates my asthma. Truely since we moved here I have had respiratory issues which is why I am thinking dry climate. However, my choices also involve my missing the mountains and being closer to my family.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Does DH have family in the states?

I still have family in PA as well as NC. But all of my immediate family is in Florida. I am a Florida girl at heart and we do plan to retire there. Even the thought of having to move now actually makes me tired.
    UGH.. this. However, should we make another state-wide move or significant move, we are taking VERY LITTLE. Some things are just easier to purchase again.
    Karin