Thread: The Journey begins with me page 293

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am hoping the week flys!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Grabbed an omelet for brunch and it was yum. Watching my tracking today so it looks a little "off". My rings are finally feeling loser, hopefully this means the water retention is on its way out. I just remembered I forgot to take meds this weekend, which includes water pill.
    Karin

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Got a question for you about dehydrating limes. Do you halve them before slicing or do you dry whole slices? I have some that need to go in the dehydrator tomorrow.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Got a question for you about dehydrating limes. Do you halve them before slicing or do you dry whole slices? I have some that need to go in the dehydrator tomorrow.
    I just slice and dehydrate. They turn kind of black BTW. I figure its all good though.
    Karin

Good Morning to you reading my journal.

Weight this morning: same
    BS: 98
    blood ketone: Error again!! Ok.. according to the book, you take blood ketones different from BS (different location), why? I have a hard time getting enough blood in other locations! GRRR
    Sleep: 1 and a half melatonin.. awake at 3am. dozed until 5:30am.

Lets see, something new:

the GOOD: I have been diligently journaling even on rotten days
    the BAD: the car is still in the shop.. crossing fingers and toes he has it figured out and I can get it tonight
    the UGLY: I binged. It was all very primal and I even stayed within my calorie markers but my macros are out of wack for yesterday. So, adjusting for this week, a little here, a little there.

PS.. good mama me! In the dehydrator I have pineapple chips and grapes for the girl and am making another batch of jerky for the trip.
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 03-12-2013 at 05:30 AM.
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Crossing everything available!

I should put some food in the dehydrator for DH. Do you buy fresh or canned pineapple? Do you slice the grapes?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I would suggest to both you and Chris that you do not attempt to do a ketone test unless your blood sugar has been below 90 for a few days. Jimmy Moore's ketone levels tanked everytime his FBS was above 90. J M also does both his tests from the same finger stick.

That said, the error you are having is irksome. Did you reuse the strip from yesterday? I think I remember my Mom saying that an error strip will not work if reused.

Thank you Paula. I will wait to test for blood ketones until FBS is lower than 90. Thats a good mini goal. I am NOT reusing sticks which makes it more frustrating.

Ruth- hoping for good news this afternoon.
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. I plan to start my FBS tomorrow or Thursday.

I'll text you this pm. Here's praying for good news...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Still no word on the car.. hoping and praying today. I have been awake since 3am. I was wide awake so I just got up, cleaned/straightened the kitchen, emptied the dishwasher, made some cookies for Lily. Then when I was suppose to wake up I took my shower etc. and got ready for work. Now being awake for 4 hours already I am tired tired tired.

Frustration over not having a car, being tied to the house, my vacation up in the air, not being able to go where I need to go to do what I need to do just HIT last night. I over ate. My body was even telling me I was hungry (tummy rumbling). So, I ate.. my journal for yesterday is not pretty. I tried to keep up with what went in my mouth. While it was all primal and I did not delve into the little debbies etc. , my macros were blown out of the water. So, today my thought was to do a fat fast to compensate. Not off to a great start this morning. My meds did not sit well with the tummy so had a little breakfast with my BPC to off set the tummy and felt better. I thought to aim for high fat today, although my intestines might protest a bit.

On the dehydrator front I must say, pineapple chips are addicting!! They are so differnt than that sugar coated dehydrated pineapple you buy in the store. The taste is amazing! Why in the world do they ADD sugar? They do NOT need it. Basically I cleaned a pineapple of its outer shell, cut in half and then sliced in like 1 inch slices or so. They came out like chips.. I kid you not. Crispy goodness I tell you! The grapes/raisins are still going. They should be done for Lily this afternoon. What I like about fresh ones is you get the sweet and tart and not just all sweet like store bought. I have more jerky marinading. I am trying for a teriaky-ish flavor that Lily loves. Coconut aminos, Knudson grape juice, salt, apple cider vinegar, a splash of balsamic and a splash of oil. We shall see when they are all done. Those go in tonight. I used to be sooo cool!! Now I get all jazzed about my dehydrator.. I am such a mom geek!

FBS this morning 125.. eeek!
    weight the same

Here is some depressing news though.. found my SPEED journal.. my weight is essentially the same as when I started that as are my measurements, and my measurements have gone down recently.. oh dear!
    Karin