Page 287 of 542 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 5412

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 287

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I understand! How about this: assume you want 1500 calories per day. That's a week total of 10,500. How about 3, 1,000 calorie days (have 1 or 2 of them before your weigh-in day) and then 4 at 1,875? Or, something like that?

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I have taken my dog to the vet this morning for shots and mani/pedi's. Jilly boo is a bit portly according to Dr. Troy. When I asked about feeding her primally to help with weight, he said the problem with that is the true primal dog hunts for their food and get that exercise. That said, she is on calorie restrictions and goes back in 4 months for a check up.

Ok.. I am going to uppper my calories a bit today. Yesterdays calories were 1666. 20g carbs (higher than I like), 65g protein (higher than normal..relooking at this), 142g fat.

This is Paula's suggestion:
    For a 5'6" woman, is between 139 and 158. The mid point of that is 148 lbs. 148lbs=67kg
    67 protein
    34 carbs
    134 fat
    1610 cals

According to this I would be have been on target for protein, over on fat and low on carbs. Do I really need to have more than 20 g carbs? I thought more kept you out of ketosis. Geezz this prescriptive program is tough!! Finding your script is crazy!

Happy dancing!! Having dinner with Ruth next Saturday!! WHOOP!! WHOOP! meeting 1 speed sistah, 2 more to go!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I understand! How about this: assume you want 1500 calories per day. That's a week total of 10,500. How about 3, 1,000 calorie days (have 1 or 2 of them before your weigh-in day) and then 4 at 1,875? Or, something like that?
    worth thinking about. Paula, what do you think about this?
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I kinda think it is interesting. I am setting my protein and carb high limits and not letting that change and adjusting fat according to hunger, gonna see how that goes.

For your protein and carbs, I remember that you can do 10% on either side, if that is the case you could (theoretically) go as low as 60g of protein and 30g of carb. But I think you could go lower on the carbs, but I would keep your target calories at the 1600 ( so make up the difference with fat)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    You know what Karin, I think you should work with 1600 as your high day and 1200 as your low.
    I'm not even sure of my own concepts / beliefs anymore. I am feeling tempted to go ridiculously low calorie even though I fear it might cause me to binge. I hate when I start to doubt myself.
    I certainly don't want you to try something I suggest and then fail.

so when we looked at my average calories they were about 1500, right? I need to UP that to 1600-1900?

I am so nervous about upping calories because I have just got back into Jeans that were super-tight. Speaking of jeans, I need to buy a couple more pairs for vacation and do NOT want to buy bigger than I got now! LOL

All this talk of calories and macros, I am trying to pin point.. what is more important??
    Karin

so when we looked at my average calories they were about 1500, right? I need to UP that to 1600-1900?

I am so nervous about upping calories because I have just got back into Jeans that were super-tight. Speaking of jeans, I need to buy a couple more pairs for vacation and do NOT want to buy bigger than I got now! LOL

All this talk of calories and macros, I am trying to pin point.. what is more important??
    Karin

I have to tell you, I'm pretty confused about it all myself. Basically, I haven't lost any weight. Well, I started at 163, went as high as 167, then as low as 157.8, and now I'm back around 161. Sigh. I don't know the answer.

Paula, you have had great success.... I suspect, though, that you are used to losing faster?

I think thats why I frustrate myself.. I want to lose faster. Of course, I do not bust my ass like Paula.
    Karin

I just want to lose - even slowly - and then keep it off [And, yeah, I don't work out like Paula!]