Page 282 of 637 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 6361

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 282

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    my meter came!! I am going to try and take a ketone test in the morning before eating. From what I read that is the best time to see if you are in ketosis. I "practiced" with a glucose strip tonight. After eating 2 1/2 hours ago, my bs is 105. Not bad

I compared prices of the ketone strips with the place I got the meter vs Amazon. Amazon is higher and their shipping is more so that is a no-brainer.

I think the hardest part for me is getting enough blood. My body does not want to give it up. I pricked myself like 6 times before I could get enough blood. GRRR
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Ooh, exciting!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    So excited for you and to see your results.

well.. I did the blood ketone this morning was .4. From what I have seen that is the "normal" range. This is so strange because all weekend I was showing moderate with the stix. However, yesterday my calories were closer to 1700 and I think that might be key. This week I am going to try and keep my calories <1300, fat 80%, protein between 10-15%, the rest carbs and then test next Monday. I am also going to start recording the stix and do a comparison.

OOOoooo.. my back, butt and thighs!! Scrubbing the floor is good exercise!! I am going to start some arm work tonight. I saw on pintrest a 6 week arm makeover with weights. I am putting those 6 weeks to the test and their will be pics.

Extra exercise last night and today.. my tub faucet is dribbling. I have a call into the landlord for a repair but in the mean time, I have buckets under and when they fill, I haul them to the washer so the water is not wasted. Its a 5 gallon bucket. LOL Crap.. When I try and think about how much water has been wasted I envision money being set on fire.

Observations:
    sleep was pretty good last night. I did wake a few times but was able to go right back to sleep.
    I was craving sweet last night.. had some diet 7-up (don;t think this could have knocked me out of ketosis though)

My dd might be seeing the primal way. Since she was a baby when she ate sugar or wheat she got these pimple/cyst things on her butt. They are painful. Well, I put her on natural sugar (psh.. what did I know), whole wheat (we thought it was the bleached flour..psh what did I know) and steered to gluten free. Well, they are back on the butt of my grains and sugar loving child. After years of research I personally think they are a sign on candida. I need to research more. So... she was complaining how it hurt this morning. I told her the way to get them gone. Last night she was not keen on giving up fruit, sugar or wheat. This morning she said yes she wanted to give them up to try and get rid of it. However, she wanted some sugar oatmeal this morning saying, sugar only once a day. Huh, we will see. So her lunch today consists of cubed ham, monteray jack cheese cubes (on toothpicks), carrots and ranch and I did add a sugar free jello. We shall see...
    Karin

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I made a jello with coconut milk and stevia/xylitol mix using Great Lakes kosher gelatin, it was pretty yummy. If she likes coconut. Also, I have found that xylitol and erythritol pretty closely resemble the taste of sugar if you need something to use to ween her off the real stuff. Too much of the xylitol can cause some intestinal distress, but it is supposed to be good for the teeth and if you don't use sugar free gum a tsp of it in her morning oatmeal shouldn't cause a problem. Made DS a strawberry milk shake last night with 1/2 & 1/2, frozen strawberries, and a dropper of stevia. I have even switched him over to Stevia sweetened Root Beer, instead of the regular diet soda or the HFCS sweetened ones. Slow sneaky changes.

regarding the ketone stick, you probably need to get a good week or so of data to figure out what puts you in and what knocks you out. I am interested to see what you find out compared to what I come up with. I will start back in on Wednesday, probably not bother with the blood monitor till at least Friday or Saturday.
    Last edited by demuralist; 03-04-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Well, if she makes better and better choices over time, she'll get there. I had to do a lot of "primal" treats for DH in the beginning, but he's slowly gotten a lot of the way there. I'll also learned to lighten up a bit - he's not perfect, but he's a LOT better than he way. (And, he went from 150 to 128.)

Derail last night.. serious car pile up in regards to me food. Being over on macros was the LEAST of my problems. Why? you may ask.. I don't know. I bleached and scrubbed my shower (I hate showers with shower doors that slide). You have to actually climb in to clean. I am going to say the clorox cleanup started it all.

I preplanned my meals again today. We will see. This evening I have my eye doctor appt. where they will dilate my eyes and see if I have a floater or a detached retina.

My life feels like chaos!
    Karin

Be kind and take care of yourself! You have A LOT going on in your life. Spring break is almost here....

You know, I know I have a lot going on but it just does not seem likes its a valid excuse. I will agree things are spinning. To calm myself Sunday I alphabetized the pantry. Strange but it worked.
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Putting things in order helps me feel better. I like to be in control. I may not be able to control other things, but I can put things in order (I like to alpha my books).