Page 278 of 630 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328378 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 6294

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 278

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ok. o today is pre-tracked and I am set up for success again. I did weigh this morning and the scale said 278 which is 2 pounds down. I am good with this.. of course I would like to see more, who wouldn't?

Ok.. yesterday had a discussion with DD's principal because her 504 is not being followed. They now know I know!! Anyway, changes are being made (it irks me that I had to be the one to kick up a fuss and they did not see themselves doing their part!). The changes start Monday. I doubt anyone is happy about any of this but when your daughter comes home saying she wants to do suicide (at 10) because of things being said by a kid who should be heavily medicated, give me a break!! After I hung up with the principal I was envisioning my daughters cumulative file and thinking how thick it probably is. I probably have a tab of my own in there. They forget I am also an educator and know the laws. Grrrr... friggin lazy-ass sons of bitches.. grrr

I have to say I will die laughing if a spammer quotes my last sentence!

Tonight we squeezed in an appointment with dd's therapist. Thank goodness because we were told we could not get in for a month! I am trying not to stress.. easier said than done.

My house is a wreck.. it so reflects me state of mind at the moment.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I have to say that my experience with administrators regarding my children's education has almost always been crazy stressful, and my kids were relatively easy situations, cannot imagine if I had really needed help with them. Thinking about ya. hope the therapist's session goes well.

My house often reflects my state of mind, chaotic.

I just did it.. I ordered a ketone meter! 3.95 is not bad for shipping.
    Karin

naw, its the sticks that will get cha! Congrats. Mine is here, but I am taking Paula's advice and waiting till I see some color on the ketostix before I start testing the blood.

I am seeing dark purple on the stix right now. I wonder though how the blood and the stix compare though.
    Karin

I think they roughly follow the same sort of graph line, although the ketostix are more variable and apparently will show you have dropped out of ketosis even when you haven't.

good to know about the stix. I knew they were not exactly optimal for maintaining ketosis. I would assume though they do not show you in ketosis if you are not.

That fat fast book Ruth suggested is awesome and am having mom read it. It talks about getting off diabetes meds, which is what she wants.
    Karin

yes, I am pretty sure it doesn't show a false positive, only false negatives, which can be frustrating when you think you are playing by the rules and it shows you out of ketosis. In Jimmy Moore's graphs it does sometimes show a higher value than the blood though.

Thrilled that you mom will be able to benefit from this!! I am convinced that meds are as bad or worse for us as the disease itself most times!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ketones in urine can change based on things like water intake. ie. They get very dark purple if you are dehydrated. Basically, they are only good for telling whether you are in ketosis or not. I also read that they do not necessarily correspond to the blood ketone level.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That makes sense.