Page 273 of 614 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 6134

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 273

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Lmao @ all ya'll!!!!!! We had over 12 inches and had 2 snow days. Thank you all for wearing your jammies inside out!! More snow Monday so wear them again!!!

As to the jammie talk... lol

So, i think i knocked myself out of ketosis wed night. Thurs i did a fat fast to try and get back and then had to dig out. Good thing i have a single drive. Anyway, friday i showed large ketosis!!! Friday dd was a bit stircrazy so we went bowling. My high s core 114!!! Lol! I swear i forgot i had so many muscles in my butt!! I felt the shoveling from the day before. I also felt stiff but was feeling fine. Took dd to bball practice and coming out slipped on the ice and fell on my knee and wrist. Needless to say everything hurt. I went home put ice on the knee and wrist and a heating pad on my back, took an 800 ibuprofin and a pain pill i thought would knock me on my butt but didnt. Woke fo r an hour @ 2:30am. However when i woke up @7am, i was fine no pain no soreness! So..

Observations:
    2 days of activity prior to accident i think prevented serious injury
    was so tempted to binge when i was cooped up...but i didnt. How often did i use to eat out of boredom? A lot!
    I wanted a treat and had salted roasted sunflower seeds and it hit the spot
    I struggle with plan when i eat a traditional breakfast
    I can go to a Chinese restaurant, order only egg drop soup and be content..who knew?!

I have also been playing with my dehydrator: mushrooms, onions, oranges, grapefruit, mini peppers, limes, jalapenos, green onions.

Today i dug my moms drive out. However even though i am entering activity i am not eating the extra calories it says i can.

Missed you all!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

So glad you are back!!!! Glad the accident was minor, and thrilled you got back into ketosis so quickly. DH has been trying to get a group to go bowling for months, hard to get everyone well and free all at the same time (sucks getting old)

the other day, I saw the caramel sauce on pinterest. And was tying to figure out what to dip in it. I thought of jicama which is a good crunchy low carb dipper. But then I thought, hey I could just pour it over nuts or seeds and end up with candied nuts, except they would be sugar free fat bombs. I didn't end up doing it because I have been having enough trouble staying out of the nuts, man if I add sweet to those salty crunchy things I would not be able to stop EVER!

The caramel sauce would be a slippery slope for me.
    Karin

I made some the other day, I used 2T butter and 2T HWC and a squirt of stevia, I didn't cook the butter long enough, but it tasted divine! and fulfilled my fat requirement, no leftovers. Apparently if you cook it correctly it will harden and turn into a candy. I may try it as a fat bomb at the end of the day if I have a need for sweet and some fat macro left over.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I made some the other day, I used 2T butter and 2T HWC and a squirt of stevia, I didn't cook the butter long enough, but it tasted divine! and fulfilled my fat requirement, no leftovers. Apparently if you cook it correctly it will harden and turn into a candy. I may try it as a fat bomb at the end of the day if I have a need for sweet and some fat macro left over.
    Yum!! I am wondering how the hardening happens..
    Karin

I thought it was the sugar, so I just never thought you could do sugar free caramel at home, but I guess it has to do with the temperature it reaches and the combo of the two ingredients. Who knew. Anyway if you have a very small saucepan you can do it. Even when I didn't quite get it right though, the taste was still there, just not the texture.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    So glad you are back - missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take care of yourself after the slip & watch your knee & wrist. DH suffered a fall and his wrist is still not right. He starts PT this coming week (the accident was this summer when we were hiking).

Do you slice the jalapenos? With or without seeds? What do you do with the limes?

I missed you all too!

Chris.. i am going to try it!

Ruth..i sliced the jalapenos and kept the seeds. I tried to handle them as little as possible since i was out of gloves and wear contacts. They are so good in the pork chili. I did not have any aneheims. The limes were just sliced. T h ey will be great in a pot or pitcher of tea or water
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Do you put different things on your dehydrator at once (difference layers)? I guess savory and sweet shouldn't mix