Page 265 of 637 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 6362

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 265

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    yeah!

I need to have at least 2 meals left when I pre-track, if I wait until dinner well, just not enough room to work it out usually.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    True Chris. Planning is key. What is in my journal today is a typical-nailed-them-macro day.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    That is a pretty darned spot on day!

I used to eat 4-5 oz of meat.. i shutter to think of the calories i consumed. 3 oz is plenty!
    Karin

Shoot, I used to eat 6-8 oz of meat. No wonder I had an adjustment, huh? Carbs were fairly easy to go down on (just have to watch the nuts).

Karin, that is pretty spot on. Great job!

I don't have trouble getting my carbs down to 35g, but getting them down to 25g has been a challenge. I am not really sure I am in ketosis regularly, I think I dip into and out of it.

Now that I have figured out I don't need a huge honkin burger, that a small one is plenty, well yes it is way easier to keep the protein in check. I think that this week, I am going to switch the whey for eggs in my morning smoothie and see if that makes any difference. Then I will add bacon to my avocado at lunch, so I have a variety of protein sources.

My goal for carbs is 20 or less. It takes planning. Lol
    Karin

My dissonance with going that low has to do with my belief that veggies have essential nutrients. I am starting to work to cut out carbs from most all non-veggie sources and see how that goes. But my avocado gives me 9 right off the bat, I could pretty easily get my net carbs down to about 5, but getting carbs below 20g would cut out all my veggies. To me that would feel like deprivation.

That was my worry with going LCHF in the first place - not getting sufficient nutrients. I have decided that the only way for this to work (for me) long term, especially since I'm so sensitive to carbs and protein (at least right now) is that I've got to learn to eat more "nose to tail". I need bone broths, organ meats, etc. I came across this post, which compared a "steak and water" (where I think I basically come to, with so little carbs) to one with organs, etc. The nutrient profile looks pretty good and something I could do. Mostly Meat Is What I Eat: How To Do A Zero-Carb (Carnivorous) Diet Correctly, Part 2: An Example Menu And Why Steak & Water Is Not Enough Who knows where this path will take me...it's where I'm at at this moment in time At some point, I plan to track in FitDay again for a few days (it has a better nutrition profile than does MFP) and see if with more organs and broth I'm doing "okay" in terms of my RDA macros (which, I have no clue if those are even valied, but they are a start!).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am not at a place where I can stomach the extra bits yet. and even if I was, I don't have a good source. Which is not to say, if I really wanted to do it I couldn't find a good source. I am interested in your experiment though. Given your issues with dairy and other things this may turn out to be your answer.