Page 260 of 635 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 6349

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 260

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    It is so much fun "hearing" the difference in your "voice" congrats to you and your mom.

So sorry the kiddo is sick again, thank goodness for grandma!

I don't think I could pick a favorite meal either. That would be tough.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Chris- I honestly feel so much better. Yes, I am still on my meds but I think its also the combination with LCHF.. well and seeing success does not hurt
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I bet once you get your sleep taken care of, that that in combo with the LCHF and weight loss will allow you to back off if not eventually stop the meds. I was on 2 anti-depressants for a little over a year, and getting sleep issues resolved is what allowed me to get off of them. That is part of the reason I pay such close attention to my sleep.

you 'sound' great, very happy for you!

mini vent: I call the school to let them know Lily is sick and wont be in. Their response is, but its picture day!! Does she have a fever?? GRRRRR...... cuss words
    Karin

'cause a sick kid makes a great picture!

oh you know it.. and can infect EVERYBODY. Her grandma says she has been asleep for an hour and a half. It is much needed sleep. Take a picture.. psh... stupid secretary!
    Karin

drives me crazy, they send me this crazy long phone home message if my kid misses school about how important daily attendance is to learning, etc. And then send another phone home message about not coming to school if you are sick. There have been districts in TN that have had to cancel school because too many children and teachers were out with the flu!

conferences last night: went well.. one parent does not think I am wonderful. Big ass whoop. Really trying not to let it bug me. Thursday is ALL FLIPPING DAY of conferences.

Macros dead on.. I have lost track of how many clean days. However the last weigh in was @ 21 days so.. eh.. does not matter. Racking them up and moving on!

Hectic morning trying to get dd up (she wants another sick day but I think she is much better and can make it). Slowly I am transitioning her lunches I make more primal. She still gets the occasional cookies that are still in the house but trying to get her away from sandwiches. One thing at a time. My war is with grain at the moment. We will tackle the sugar beast after.

Sleep last night.. blech. I got to bed late (because of conferences) and forgot AGAIN my advil. I am putting that bottle next to the bed! 2 nights of yucky sleep= the starting of a headache this morning. Popping a little excedrin this morning.

observations:
    -pre-entering food in mfp very helpful.
    -I am pretty constantly coming in under my calorie goal of 1700. What was enlightening was the amount of calories for the week I was under as well as looking at my macros for the week.
    -I no longer stress when I do not get my protein. Meh.. if I come close, its good enough. I have been coming in under most days. --The same can be said for carbs.
    -During the drive to work this morning I remember how I gave it a go with the protein smoothies in the morning and just could not "get it". I find it odd, it works with BPC.
    -tonight I am making paleo enchilada soup for the healthy soup night tomorrow for the teachers working conferences. Bone broth is ready and in the crockpot. I wish they (the staff) knew my soup would be healthier than anything out there! LOL
    Karin

yea! congrats. I can't keep track of clean days either.

I don't think I could do it if I didn't pre-track my foods. I think after this little high fat experiment of mine, I am going to concentrate on keeping the carbs close to 20g since I see that the "carb flu" for me was from low fat, and try to keep my protein and fat at the same place.

For DS's lunch, I pack one "treat" and I pack beef jerky (homemade when I am on top of things) and pistachios, a Root Beer (sweetened with stevia), and sugar free apple sauce. He does not like change so he pretty much gets the same thing every day. On occasion DH will bring home some leftover pizza from a late meeting and I will switch out the jerky for a piece of pizza. We have never been a big sandwich or bread family.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love my kids.. but oh my.. they came bearing chocolate valentines and candy bouquets!!
    Karin