Page 259 of 631 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 6305

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 259

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Observations (i.e. ramblings):

My pants are baggy
    I am wearing tops I have not worn in years (good things professional clothes do not lose trends)
    My sleep is better BUT I am still taking advil PM. This weekend I tried one night without and was up, up, up.
    I enjoy my decaf BF tea in the PM
    All my coffee has been switched to decaf, but I still need a diet coke (ducking) during the day. This could be my problem...oh dear..
    I know my addictions: sugar, wheat and diet coke. I think I got the first 2 licked.
    I KNOW I can NOT eyeball food, scales are a must.
    Planning is the key to success. I am planning meals 2-3 days in advance.
    I am eating a variety of food, must be why I am not bored with this WOE.
    I have to stop myself wondering how much more i can lose before I go home for spring break. < detrimental thinking-live one day at a time>.
    When my mom is on board she is not sabotaging me. It helps she is losing weight too.
    My daughter is slowly coming around (last night she porked out on pot roast and carrots) she also liked the "juice" (broth). OK!
    I am feeling successful and therefor my confidence in what I am doing and why I am doing this.
    I am not going to be a statistic of women in menopause gaining weight. I REFUSE!

that is all for now.. forgive the rambling.. well shoot.. its my journal! LMAO
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    hey, my suggestion is to switch out the diet coke for your favorite tea, even the most caffeinated tea will have less caffeine than a diet coke, and taste sooooo much better. After you are off of them for a while when you taste one you will be shocked that you ever were "addicted" to them!

As to the rest, great ramble!

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I know it's HARD to give up diet coke. Took me a long time to get there. I found out, for me, a lot of it was the bubbles that I really wanted. I like the idea of a sub - at least right now - you have plenty going on. I started by taking sparkling water (club soda), a little flavoring (chocolate or orange extract), and a few drops of stevia. I now wouldn't drink that stuff to save my life (well, okay, maybe then), but that combo helped (I occasionally still do it - but not very often). Oh yeah, the above, with some heavy whipping cream or almond milk? It's like a cream soda....

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    oo, love it with the cream, my Italian grandparents used to serve that to us from the "bar" they had in their rec room. Of course she used grenadine, club soda, and cream.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I am not going to be a statistic of women in menopause gaining weight. I REFUSE!
    I agree with this 1000%. I intend to fight it every step of the way. Hey, we may not be skinny minnnies but we will have given it our best, right?

You go, girl!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I agree with this 1000%. I intend to fight it every step of the way. Hey, we may not be skinny minnnies but we will have given it our best, right?

You go, girl!
    Karin

ok.. the rundown. Stayed in my macros. In fact, I preplanned the rest of my day after BFC. The thing was, in the evening I was looking at what I "still had yet to eat" and was not hungry so deleted it from MFP and came in under on everything. Not significant but under.

DD is sick, again. I am feeling like the worst mama in the world because I have to find someone to watch my sick kiddo because I am 1. out of days and 2. have conferences. If you will recall, I missed fall conferences being on medical leave. So thankful for my mama as she is taking her today and a friend is taking her tonight.

Interesting conversation with my mother last night. Neither of us are feeling deprived like we have in diets past. We feel content. I think this is one of the most important things, even before losing weight. So, we were also talking about bdays- we all have them coming up. Normally we go out to eat at a favorite restaurant which is full of slippery slopes, it does not matter where you go! I proposed we each pick a favorite meal and a "side" and celebrate this way. I will say, since we have stopped eating out (I have 4 times in since the 1st of January due to conferences), we are better focused on our eating. So she picked pan seared trout and I am thinking still. Lily will probably want to eat out. If so, we are kind of hoping pizza hut as we can do and account for that pretty well.

observations:
    my shoes are big too Chris
    I can stretch and reach things in the back seat with little to no effort (surprise of the morning)
    Have I mentioned I feel like I am eating better?
    I am slowly seeing the energy (I see this in the "cant sit still, something still to do" I have in the evenings.)
    sleep was crap last night because I forgot the advil PM and the sick kiddo sleeping with me sounded like a buzz saw
    I have a long day ahead of me (until 8pm) and am actually not dreading it. energy?
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Like, like, like this post. Keep it up. It's good that you have mom with you and that you both are feeling well. I also like that I feel satisfied and not deprived. Seems against everything we've been taught in the way of "diets". I also find that not eating out is good on the waist line (even if you eat LCHF, it's still a challenge) and the pocket book. Plus, when you do eat out, it feels like a treat or something special.

You are a totally rocking mom. Life happens. It's awesome to have grandma to help

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hey lady, You are doing so great. You might want to fix the macros in your signature. Those macros correspond to about 1800 cals with fat being 78%, Protein 14% and Carbs 8%. You could replace them with Your actual Macro goals from MFP. People are going to want to emulate what you are doing.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Ruth!

Good call Paula!! I did not even think of that :/
    Karin