Page 254 of 611 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 6101

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 254

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ok.. if having a headache was not enough.. mom asked me to drive after work yesterday. Getting into her car I wacked my head and have a wicked bruise on my forehead this morning. How could I be so clumsy??? Good grief.. DD (so sweet) put powder on it to try and cover it up. Talk about insult to injury. THEN, this morning as I am doing my hair, I am like, wow.. look at my rosey cheeks! No make up needed today. I must be getting healthy. Then mom says when she picks me up, you probably have a low grade fever from hitting your head.. hopes??? DASHED!

I would like to share the UNBELIEVABLY HARD IMPULSE I had to resist weighing myself this morning. I didn't (Valentines Day is the day). This came after I POAS for ketosis and it said AGAIN, negative. How can I still not be in ketosis?? I tried on a pair of jeans I can not fit into.. today I ALMOST got it over my ass!

Spot on day of eating!! Got all my macros! You can not see it yet because I have not sunk the kindle I recorded dinner on but I will do that this after noon.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    ketostix are notoriously inaccurate, that is how. Are they new? They expire after they have been opened, in a very short period of time. Also the amount of liquid you take in could effect whether or not the stick changes color. ie, the ketones effect can get watered down.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Yep. I've read that the only real true measure is the blood test. I've considered going there, but the testing strips are beyond expensive. If I don't lose weight this month...then maybe.

I am the same way. I have a page where I can buy them online already bookmarked on my home computer. I will have to do some research as to how many of those strips you actually use. They come 10 to a pack.

I am thinking I will need this as well. I think my mom and I are going to go in together. Its not the meter that is the expensive part from what I understand.

Have to say, I sure have my daughter fooled- she thinks I am this awesome baker. Ummmm, yeah.. I do not keep traditional baking ingredients in the house. I am a wiz-bang with a mix or a can though! So as I try and transition Lily off of the sugar and grains, I want to use whats left in the house. I made "apple pies" with biscuits and apples last night.
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 02-05-2013 at 01:06 PM.
    Karin

I have reached ketosis!! It says moderate but I will take it!! DANG!! Now the question is how to get in deeper?? Ya'll are welcome to check macros and give input.

OK.. brainfart?? Knee-jerk?? I saw a box of leftover Christmas candy my mom had brought over for Lily. I opened the box (1st mistake) to see what was in there. I saw white peppermint bark (my favorite) and promptly popped a piece in my mouth (2nd mistake). HOWEVER, a loud what are you doing rang through my already aching head and I spit it out! Whew! That was CLOSE! Popping it in my mouth was like automatic-no-thinking-involved. It was WEIRD!

Nailed day 8 of clean eating!! I figure because it was not swallowed in any way it counts!! LOL This is getting easy I think.
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Oh, yeah. It's like the 10 second rule for stuff that falls on the ground. I'm so proud of you for spitting that stuff out!!!!!!!!

Yeah for ketosis!!!

Did you see The Holiday? There is a scene in the beginning where Kate Winslet, turns on the gas and starts sucking it in, in an attempt to kill herself. But she catches herself and runs to the window, opens it, breaths in the fresh air, slaps herself in the face and says "Low point, definitely a low point". I know it doesn't sound it but it was hilarious, and the first thing I thought of when I thought of you spitting out the candy. That knee-jerk is exactly why I wear gloves and a mask when I am making cake balls (which by the way I don't anymore). The urge to lick your fingers is amazing! when I did it the first time with the mask but no gloves, there were little chocolate prints all over the front of the mask where I had tried to put the finger in the mouth. Gross, when you think about the sanitary issue!

I have not seen it but yes.. low point. There was no conscious thought. Now that I think of it, how MANY times have I done this in the past??
    Karin

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Oh, yeah. It's like the 10 second rule for stuff that falls on the ground. I'm so proud of you for spitting that stuff out!!!!!!!!

Yeah for ketosis!!!
    I thought the 10 second rule was for when things hit the floor....