Page 251 of 540 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 5400

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 251

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    just saw this, and it has things I had not seen before....10 Cough Remedies & Treatments : TipNut.com

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Hope you feel better soon! Hang in there - only 2 more work days.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Last night I went over on macros but the food was good food. I call it a clean day.. number 3 for me.

Chris- I will be looking into the link. My mom encourages cinnamon and honey but then the honey does a number on my macros and I do not want it to encourage a binge.

I am at an inservice for cognitive coaching today and tomorrow which means eating out for lunch. Today at lunch I had chorizo and eggs. Protein is shot today as well as carbs. If I am lucky I just wont be hungry tonight! LOL To be honst.. at this moment in time, I am SPOT ON for the day. Maybe I can get away with a bullet proof tea tonight and call it good.

So this morning I stepped on the scale (only 2 clean days but its the end of the month). The weight is the same as last time I weighed. Good or bad.. I see both sides. Its my own fault though. I will weigh again around Valentines Day AND NOT BEFORE.

Oh.. the forecast said today was to be mostly sunny... ITS SNOWING FAT FLAKES! LMAO.. that dang magic eight ball is broken AGAIN! The weathermen need a new one.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

We have a forecast for snow and it is bright sunny out, clearest sky you have ever seen!

The link did have a couple with honey, but more than a few that would not have any effect on your macros. Maybe you can chug some hot tea for the rest of the afternoon. It will help your throat and help keep you satisfied for a while.

the scale is not our friend.

Ok.. my daughter is catching on to what mommy eats and what she does not. When I got home she said she made me a "deviled egg just like Nanny makes". It was a peeled hard boiled egg with some of the yolk mashed. She added salt and pepper. I like it this way too. So thoughtful don't you think? It was the best hard boiled egg ever!!

So went over a bit but I am not too concerned at this point. My protein and carbs were higher than normal but considering that the carbs are typically VL I think it will be fine. My clothes are fitting a little different (I am having to tug the jeans up a bit here and there). I think that most if not all of my post surgery swelling is GONE. So glad to be rid of the swelly belly.

Today I am in another Cognitive Coaching inservice. Having lunch out. I need to order small and then add-to as needed. This is the mind set where I want to be. For example, order and egg or two, then see if I need bacon etc. Order a small chef salad and then see if I need more fuel. How often do we just order what is on the menu thinking well, I will only eat half and take the other half home? I have tried this and find I over eat. I think I need to stick to the al a carte portion of the menu. This will help keep my macros in line as well I think.

Not much planned for the weekend. DD has another basketball game. Honest truth, I will be glad when bball season is over. Neither of us enjoy it. She does not like playing, and I do not like watching her not enjoying herself like in volleyball or soccer.

Feeling a little better. Rest has been the key. Although, I want no- need to go walking. I am actually feeling the desire to *gasp* dare I say it?? Exercise?? <--- ultra cuss word if you ask me!

PS.. clean day number 4
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 02-01-2013 at 05:26 AM.
    Karin

I think it's good when you have the desire to be active. I've had it, too. I enjoy my walks. Will I ever want to go back to standard "exercise"? Don't know and am not worried about it now.

TGIF!!!!

That is where DS and I are with the rifle. He is burnt out on it, and the other members of the team go to a different school so he feels like not a part of the group anyway. Long season though, 9 months, doesn't end till April.

I feel the same way about exercise (it being a cuss word, and starting to feel the urge to do it).

How sweet your daughter wanting to care for you.

When I order something and I know it is too much, I generally as for a to-go container before I start eating, and put the extra away before I start. I usually purposefully forget it too, depending on what it is.

You just gotta do the best you can when eating out, guilt and stress are not emotions that are helpful in this arena. You are doing great.

I think being aware is the first step. I am not stressing about eating out but I see the slippery slope.
    Karin

How are you? Bball with DD?

clean day #5! Eating well and loving the nice weather.

DD is done with bball today.. she has games until the end of the month. Very painful to watch. They get outplayed SO BAD.

I am watching my macros closely although I was a little high yesterday. I also noticed, I LOVE eggs but they play out my protein fast. However, just eating the yolks is helping me up my fat and watch my protein so SCORE!

Also MFP does not have my macros exactly where I want them but they are fairly close. I am making MFP my goal, but if I go to my EMF goal I feel I am still doing fine.

Sleep was pretty good last night. I have been waking feeling more rested since I have been EMF and really paying attention to my macros.

The cough is still with me.. dang it! Pass the bacon!
    Karin