Thread: The Journey begins with me page 244

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    thanks paula i will investigate
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Allrightythen!! Downloaded the extension on chrome and see percentages. WOW! Loving that!

Yesterday
    c-5%, f-79%, p-15% cal-1597 Dead on!! Whoop!

A couple of items:

First is, Lily has stated she wants so healthier snacks (WHOA!). Do not get me wrong she still likes her donuts etc. Anyway, I have been making her apple chips and she eats them like crazy. Ok.. yes, it is still concentrated sugar but can we agree its a smarter choice? I made 4 apples of apple chips and she eats them in a day or two. Needless to say, this dehydrator has more than paid for itself.

Then, This morning I got a wild hair and made Lily's class valentines. Ok.. I am THAT mom who can not stand those little boxes of "canned" valentines. I always thought " how hokey and how annoying to get more than one that is the same". So, for the past several years I pintrest ideas. This year I used the cricket and cut out hearts and a cute way to attach mechanical pencils to them. Then with my assistance, Lily embossed a heart and her name. They look way cute. I will try and get a pic of them up. So, also by doing this there is one less piece of candy and such and something useful for the kiddos. I do not know many kids who do not like mechanical pencils anyway. Lily's school (along with the rest of America's schools) have a wellness policy in place. While they do not object on Valentines Day to attach candy to valentines, they have an objection to sugar and candy in general. Snacks for class parties need to be healthy (meats, cheese, veggies, fruit etc.). I am signed up for snacks on this day. I think I will make a bowl of cut oranges and or apples. I still need to work on her teachers valentines. All this needs to be done early because guess who has conferences on feb 12th and 14th?? If you guessed me, you are correct!
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    hey, did you get the chips to come out crunchy? I have not been using my dehydrator because the fruit (yes, I am with you as it is way better than store bought chips and crap) comes out chewy. More like raisins than chips, which no one here will eat. I want to make kale chips but if they are crunchy they will not go over. I really bought the thing to make veggie chips, but they gotta be chips.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

when I turn the dehydrator off, the apples are soft, but then after they cool they crisp up. I also found, keeping them in glass keeps them crispy, ziplocks make them soft.
    Karin

best soup ever for well..late lunch, early dinner. my fat is coming in low so will have some bp tea tonight and i should hit targets!
    Karin

I will try again, with the glass this time.

did you put the soup recipe on our EMF recipe group?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Karin - do you get today off too? [I don't, alas]

marathon dr appts today. will check in later.
    Karin

Well yesterday was a day on the run and I forgot I do not do well on those days. I gave it effort though. Asthma check- great, DD med check-done, dentist for dd and me- great, haircuts for us-done, therapy for dd-done. The appointments started at 9am and the last one was at 5pm. All day in the car!! We grabbed lunch at Jason's Deli because of their salad bar. The carbs there sent me over..probably. I had a helluva time trying to count stuff. I was not hydrated enough because I had a binge when we got home. There was much stress in some of the appointments.. so much for the day off. However, at least I did not have to take a day I do not have off of work. So.. in short, ignore MFP posting from yesterday. Its bogus!

I would LOOOOOVE to say I am off to a better start today. DD had a major meltdown this morning as I was trying to leave for work. Her meds are changing (hopefully for the better) and she will better be able to cope. So.. no breakfast, not even BPC. I barely couple nuke a cup of tea and no time to fill it. I am going to make me some coffee and BP it since I remembered the butter and cream. That will help me limp along to lunch. I can see a couple cups of bouillon in my future this afternoon.
    Karin

PrimalCon New York
    I hate when things feel like they are controlling me as opposed to me being in control, hope the rest of the day gets better.
    Chris
    Unknown