Page 240 of 622 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 6211

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 240

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yes, I agree. But I still do a big salad for dinner and I could live the rest of my life doing that, if it keeps me at goal and feeling good. Because seriously I have spent over 40 years doing a whole lot of things that have not been anywhere near as nice and just kept getting fatter.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I think, although I hate to admit, tracking makes a difference. It helps me feel successful.. and feeling successful leads to success??
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I used to hate tracking, but I don't think I could continue if I didn't have the information. I just don't see how I could figure out that I was eating enough or too much of one thing or another. Even having spent most of my life on a diet and knowing the caloric content of most foods by heart, it is the combination of the whole day that tells the true story. Way better than the scale does! You can do it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I must say that tracking is much more fun now that I am using MFP with my Go Wear Fit.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I think of it more like a puzzle now than a chore. Got to do some problem solving. I wish MFP would not add calories for movement though.
    Chris
    Unknown

Hey just saw this article and wonder if you have taken 5htp. It says that it has a positive effect on depression especially when combined with other anti-depressents. It may also have a positive effect on weight loss.

5htp myth
    Chris
    Unknown

It is very dangerous to take 5htp with antidepressants, so Karin should not take it right now.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Since I have just started the add-on antidepressant to go with the prozac I want to wait a bit before I try something new. Stats for today:

p-75
    f-101
    c-25
    cal-1318

Arg.. still working on getting the protein down and the fat up!!! DANG IT!! What this data is telling me though is I need smaller portions in order to achieve results. This is the story of my life. What is scary is that my portions have shrank ALOT from where I was years ago.. no wonder I am fat. I could write a book and end every line with "no wonder I am fat". Good Gravy!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Interesting Paula, I know nothing about taking the 5htp but the article specifically showed a study where it is taken with a specific anti-depressant. I would never suggest adding it without talking to the doc. And this is specifically why I don't like taking supplements. If you find one that actually works, then essentially it is a drug and you have side effects and interactions to deal with, if it doesn't work then it is a waste of money.

Karin, are you posting on MFP? If so, friend me and we can check out each others food, if not post a day's food here and lets look at one or two of your days and see what we can come up with.

p.s. ending a sentence about "why you are fat" with the words "good gravy"?
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I thought that study was very odd because everything else I have read says do not mix with SSRIs. I'm sure that study was done under a doctor's strict supervision.

MFP - How do we friend each other?