Page 238 of 636 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 6356

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 238

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Finally checking in.This weekend I kept Lily in bed to rest and she did not object which tells me how badly she was feeling. I knocked myself out of ketosis. Just hanging in there. the last few days I been hungry and not easily sated but I know I have not had enough fat. one day was also way too much protein. Starting fresh in the morning. I am sending dd back to school tomorrow since she is finally acting and feeling like her old self. The restrictions will be hard for her though. already she is missing ball and soccer is probably out as well.

Sleep has been a struggle lately. I am thinking when I get back to my correct macros it will work itself out.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Thinking of you.

Be prepared for possible low carb flu. Keep up electrolytes & broth/bouillon.

Thanks Ruth.. I have my handy broth ready to go. I think I am doing well so far..breakfast and lunch totals: 37p, 16c, 82f, 970cal

I did not have a lot of fat at breakfast so the tummy is a rumbling.. going to have to breakout something from lunch.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    yesterday I spilled part of my breakfast drink and it set the whole day off, I feel so much better all day when I get breakfast right.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I so rocked my macros today!!!

79 protein it could and should be lower but I will take it
    20 carb
    139 fat
    1700 calories

I need to calculate percentages but think the protein should be lower

so today's percentages were p. 32%, c.8%, f. 56%

the more I read the more I think my p. needs to be @ 25% which would take my fat 64%
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-15-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    Karin

Sa-weet!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Checking in to say Hi. Sounds like things are looking up.

I adjusted my macros and am trying something new to hit them. For breakfast I had a double portion of bulletproof coffee. It holds me quite well and assists in keeping the protein under control. So for breakfast and lunch I am sitting at p-45, c-7, f-111. This sets up dinner nicely. I can have an avocado and a little chicken and call it good perhaps. I may need more fat.. maybe some bacon instead of chicken.. what to do with bacon and avocados?? hmmm...Who has baked an egg in an avocado??

I have also decided not to weigh in again until the end of the month. Twice a month should do nicely unless I start seeing a problem.
    Karin

not trying to be non-supportive, just wondering why you would reduce your protein when you were already having trouble with getting too much. Seems like adding stress, couldn't you just work your way down once you were hitting the original amount. Also, I would think you don't want the protein to go too low (not that I think 61g is too low-yet) because you need some of it so that you preserve lean body mass as you are losing fat.

On the avocado/egg....I took the avocado out of its shell and put it in a ramekin, then cracked the eggs on top, seasoned it, baked it in the toaster oven. yummy! what I do now, I hard boil eggs ahead of time, then for lunch I cut up 2 eggs into a whole avocado, add a T of mayo (usually homemade), salt and mix it up. I also add about 1.5 ounces of gouda (cause I love it), a cup of tea and voila.

YEAH! on not weighing for a while, I really think that daily weighing encourages (at least in me) daily tweaking. I think the body needs time to adjust.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    well I shifted to a lower protein because of what i have been reading @ how too much protein keeps you from losing weight. I think if I basically go with 2 protein containing meals i can keep it low and under control. this way the bits and pieces of protein that nickel and dime those protein numbers will still be ok
    Karin