Thread: The Journey begins with me page 237

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ok.. so yesterday's stats:

p-77g on target
    c-13g on target
    f-117g on target
    cal 1376 low?

I dunno.. it all looks good to me. So far today with breakfast and lunch I am sitting at p-48g, c-6g, f-58g, cal 709. I kind of like this being where I am after lunch. It is something to consider when I am planning my day. I made fatty bombs last night with sunflower seed butter, butter and coconut oil. Each one is 104cal, 1.2g carb. 11g fat and 1g protein. I made have a few to assist getting me thru the day. I still have a headache but not sure if it is the weather (drizzle, the new med, or the stress with dd). I need to take an advil.

Chris- you are right.. I need a stress relief. Believe it or not I was going to get one last night while dd was at bball.. but that obviously did not happen.

Paula- I hope its not either. Her arm is really sore today as well as her head.

Ruth- I wish you were too. However, you are not that far. Maybe if you take a trip to Tx that is not too far south we can drive down on a mini vaca and meet up for dinner or something.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Karin, at 117g I would consider your fat a little low, you are shooting for 140g right? That is why your calories are low. Your carbs are low too but I don't consider that an issue. I am sort of thinking of carbs and protein as a combined number such that if I go over my carbs a little (which I tend to do because of my veggies) then I try to cut back that much on my protein. It hasn't happened that way yet, but that is my plan.

also, with your carbs that low, you could afford a small glass of red wine, right?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Karin, at 117g I would consider your fat a little low, you are shooting for 140g right? That is why your calories are low. Your carbs are low too but I don't consider that an issue. I am sort of thinking of carbs and protein as a combined number such that if I go over my carbs a little (which I tend to do because of my veggies) then I try to cut back that much on my protein. It hasn't happened that way yet, but that is my plan.

also, with your carbs that low, you could afford a small glass of red wine, right?
    I thought my fats were a little low but last night after we finally got home.. I needed to help dd with her bath, get her to bed and I was exhausted. I just wanted my bed. You are right, with carbs that low, I can afford a glass of wine. I did not even think of that last night.

I also see where your coming from with the protein and carb numbers. When I was initially trying to get my numbers where they need to be, when I was over on carbs I tried to cut back on protein.
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Actually, maybe we can do a mini-vacation. I have more vacation than DH. I was planning on a trip to Nebraska to see my BFF. Maybe when you are off I can swing by and see you (okay, I'm not good with geography -- maybe it's nowhere close). How far are you from Denver?
    -- Ruth

I am about 8 -9 hours from Denver. If you are going I70 though we could meet in Kansas City if you are going that way. If not we can work on it. My summers are open
    Karin

I left my kindle with my food journal at work and editing this journal is weird. I know however I was a little over on protein, carbs spot on and fat was a little shy. I binged on some Olives, the super colossal jumbo ones. Yeah.. I think it could have been worse. I also had a serving of pork rinds with blue cheese dressing (thank you Paula). Delish but pushed my protein over a tad.

DD is heading to school. I sit with my fingers crossed she makes it through the day.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Praying for DD and for you.

my DD got a concussion the very last game of soccer she played in middle school. It was nerve racking to let her go to a school dance the next night, but it was fine. I feel your anguish.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    How are you? How is DD?

Karin, thinking about you guys, how is everyone?
    Chris
    Unknown