Page 236 of 611 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 6103

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 236

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    More great news... just got back from the doc. They adjusted my antidepressant treatment so hopefully that will kick in soon. The good news is though I have LOST 11 pounds since the last 6 weeks when I went in. ohmygosh!! I refused to weigh in until recently (I really resent my scale) but hey.. happy news huh? So then he says, what are you doing. I said low carb.. he smiles. Then I talk about the ketogenic diet (my doc is a young man, I was taking a chance he would not stroke out). I told him I was low carb-high fat. He jumps in and says the fat makes you feel fuller right? I am like.. yeah! He says I am glad you found this and it works for you. In the back of my mind I am like, dude if you KNEW why did you not tell me earlier?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Happy Dance. So glad you could be honest with your doc. Does your scale agree with theirs?

From this morning/yesterday its 5 pounds difference. I am going to take that as a calibration/type of scale anomaly. I have an old fashion scale, that have a high tech digital.

edit: The 11 pounds was on their end- I had no clue until he told me.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    fantastic!!! downward movement. I guess the good news about him knowing the diet works is that he knows, I suspect fear of lawsuit keeps them from saying anything given CW's view of fat and heart attacks. SAD!!!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

It could the lawsuit scare, especially in this age. That IS sad. Its good to know he is in my corner and is supporting what I am doing. He is like, keep doing it.
    Karin

I am pretty sure that short of drugs or surgery my doc would support anything I could get to work, I have cried in her office over not being able to lose and she knows how frustrating it is as her father was diabetic.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I will not binge, I will not binge, I will not binge and have not yet.

dd crashed off her bike last night. We thought her wrist was broken but it turns out its sprained. Next week they need to xray it again to check the growth plate. She also has a concussion so she is home with my mom. I am so thankful for my mom because I do not have anymore sick days left. Stress... stress...stress... arg... headache!
    Karin

Karin, I think you really need to come up with a list of stress reducers, you have so much going on in your life right now! Things from a cup of hot tea to crafting for an hour, what ever makes you feel pampered.

p.s. congrats on not binging!
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    It must be incredibly tough to be the only parent. Thank God your Mom is available.

Remember, Bingeing will make nothing better and you will feel sicker too. I know from personal experience.

Hope the injuries are minor.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Karin, thinking of you! Wish I was closer and could actually do something to help.