Page 235 of 622 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 6214

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 235

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just mentioned this in my post this morning. But I have been using MFP for years, so since I am getting less calories than I was before, even though I don't know the true totals, it has to help with loss. But it could explain part of the reason that I thought I was eating a caloric deficit and not losing!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    The good news? I am down a total of 5 pounds. I was not going to get on the scale this morning but I was curious. The bad knews? My macros last night were screwed up. Its that whole less protein problem.. but then I tried a new recipe and thought the carbs were lower than they actually were. So the stats:

p-120 (WAY HIGH)
    c-52 (WAY HIGH)
    f-120 good
    cal 1707 good

crap. So I am obviously still struggling with balance. I think the problem is I am used to and like my protein spread through the day and that is going to be tricky. So for breakfast I am experimenting with one egg instead of 2 or 3 so I do not protein load my day and risk going over. I do not know if this will work but we will see. So far I have entered my breakfast and lunch in and here is what I get.

p-39
    c-22
    f-51
    cal-658

I made a fat bomb with the following stats: cal 81 ea, fat 9g, carb 2g and protein 1g.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

right now I am shooting for about 30g or less of protein per meal. It is high but not horribly, and better than what it had been. I am just going to work my way down until it is like 23g a meal.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, Karin, great job! You know, as well as you're doing, you just need to aim for continual improvement. You're doing good, feeling good. No need to stress too much about macros as this point - as long as calories don't get too out of control! When things stop working, then you can dial back in the protein and/or carbs and replace the calories with fat. Woo hoo for loss
    -- Ruth

I made it, I made it!! Ok so its not the bathroom wall.. but I made it on instagram via a student. In all my years of teaching all the teachers I know of have made the bathroom wall such as Mr/Mrs ______ is a bitch etc. yeah, no.. of course I had to make the technology wall. The kid is in trouble, the principal called the cops but has yet to talk with me. The kid has lost the use of his iPad for the year. Its a jolly day here in Kansas (this is dripping with sarcasm, grab a tissue).

I am going to eat a fat bomb!
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yay! Good Job teach and congrats on the loss.

Karin, Ruth is right, don't stress it isn't good for fat loss!

Congrats on the Instagram (I know I am teasing you)
    Chris
    Unknown

WOW!! AWESOME food day yesterday.. check out these stats!

p-60
    f-107
    c-26
    cal 1252

oh yeah.. oh yeah.. its a good feeling to hit those targets and KNOW you did well! I was a little hungry around bedtime I noticed. I had some tea with cream and spaced putting in the butter to make it bulletproof. While I was a little empty, I guess not really hungry before bed, I woke up fine and not ravenous. Maybe this is what is should feel like? anywhoo... got another good food day planned on the books. After logging in my breakfast and lunch my stats will be: p-46, c-3, F-45 calories 350. plugging in my numbers early and knowing where I am and where I can still go seems to make this a bit less hectic.

on a side note- there were 2 instances with the instagram yesterday (me and another teacher). My picture was just a shot of my at my desk, nothing malicious. The other teachers picture was morphed and twisted.. you get the idea. Both kids are suspended although my student is just in in school suspension. But hey!! I still made it!! I am counting it! LMAO
    Karin

you are funny!

I definitely find that logging in breakfast and lunch lets me know what to do about dinner. It is a huge help. I tend to eat the same breakfast and lunch anyway, but I am a visual person so it is good to see the numbers
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Great day Karin! I am loving MFP because it integrates info from my gowearfit too. I am back to wearing that full time. I love having all the macros work out great and then hitting the done button.