Page 234 of 614 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 6138

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 234

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think (and mind you I am no expert on this!) that the thing is if your protein is too high then it is converted to sugar just like carbs (that's the theory anyway), thinking not enough fat just makes it less satisfying? I gotta read more of Dr. Attia's blog I think, he is very good at explaining things in great scientific detail.

In the mean time I would be adding either butter to soup stock or cream (or the equivalent, I did post that non-dairy creamer recipe) to tea.

p.s. sad that you are still feeling a little off. Is Wellbutrin a different kind of antidepressant? in other words does it work totally differently than the other one (prozac right?)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    + 1 Attia also talks about the fat being very important for getting you into and maintaining deep ketosis. Apparently there are different levels as measured by a blood monitor.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Wellibutrin is a different antidepressant. Between dealing with my dd and menopause I need something stronger.

protein converts to sugar/carbs?? crap! Okkkk extra butter and cream on the way. I have been using half and half but looks like I need to go back to hwc.. that might help the fat as well.

I am thinking I need to get a blood monitor. Interesting enough, my mom has been on this two days and took her blood sugar this morning first thing..it was 160. It was weird because she said she was not hungry last night and just had coffee with cream.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I just posted a note about some comments from Dr. Attia's blog and he was talking about how his morning fasting BS was higher when he was IFing than when he was eating 3 and in "normal ketosis" but that his post prandial was lower.

yep, I think that is the theory with the proteins. So I think keeping those under goal is probably more important than getting all the fat. But I am still reading.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    As I understand it, your first goal is to figure out the "optimal" protein and carb level - both convert to sugar and throw off your ketosis (or fat burning feelings). Interestingly, I'm feeling more sensitive to excess protein than I am, per se, carbs (maybe this is because I've not really gone all that high with carbs, but have blown the top off of protein).

Anyway, once you find those levels - and I think that takes a bit of time for some of us, especially if you have to deal with the low-carb flu, and because you have two variables - you adjust your fat up and down. Up if you're losing too fast (is that possible?) or down in small increments if you are feeling great, but not seeing any scale or inches lost movement.
    -- Ruth

I agree, I am thinking I am more sensitive to the protein than to carbs as well.

I am thinking that my macros for today (assuming I don't change dinner) are spot on! It actually is looking like I don't really need much meat of any kind. odd
    Chris
    Unknown

I need a lot less protein than I thought I did to feel happy and satisfied. I have (had) PCOS, which is often associated with insulin resistance. I think it explains why more of a nutritional ketosis approach might really be working for my body.

The challenge is that I really only need 2-3 oz of meat, and depending on what kind (e.g., boneless skinless chicken breasts that are mostly only protein), at 1 or 2 meals. It's not difficult, except that DH needs a bit more protein than I do and so I'm trying to meet his needs and mine with meals.

This is actually going to make my DH happy because he thinks a vegetarian life style is healthier. I have stopped making chicken breasts, the boys complain they are too dry, so I have switched to thighs (they are boneless and skinless, but are pasture raised) and they like those. They won't eat fish or pork, DS is a beef lover, DH not so much. It is looking like chicken once a week and beef maybe 2, and I will have to adjust the protein earlier in the day.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Today my fat was too high, but protein and carbs were spot on. For some reason
    MFP is miscalculating calories. When I multiply my total carbs and protein by 4 and fats by 9, I get a higher calorie count. What gives?

I have the same problem. Not sure what the deal is...