Page 233 of 612 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 6115

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 233

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My mom is hopping on the LCHF. She is diabetic and has been quasi-primal for the past year. Her goal is to get off meds and lose weight. We end over her numbers today. Good heavens.. I have to search the journals for the directions again!! LOL So far, she is loving the BP coffee but the higher fat is wreaking havoc with her system. I told her, as I assume, your body will adjust. I had a few issues initially but it all righted itself.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    On other threads I've read, LCHF, particularly the nutritional ketosis flavor, does WONDERS for diabetics. Hope this helps in all regards!
    -- Ruth

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Ruth, I have trouble when I have sweets in the house as well, even or especially if "on plan". I am trying to fill up at meals and with tea/HWC so I can stay away from snacks.

Karin, basically just google to convert her goal weight to kg. That is the protein number, half that is the carb number, and double that is the fat number. To get calories you multiply the carb number and the protein numbers by 4, then the fat number by 9, and then add all those numbers together.

I don't know if it is the excitement of finally getting to start this or if it is helping already, but I feel really good right now.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Thank you ladies!! Chris- that is such a simple way to calculate everything. I am trying to help her set up her meals. She bought a food fact book and is journaling. Her numbers are smaller than mine.
    Karin

My mom finally lost her weight and has kept it off, after spending her life dieting. She gained with her pregnancies and never lost it all. She looks downright petite now since she is getting shorter too (she is 75). She used the new WW where there was no tracking or points if all the foods you ate came from a certain category.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Karin - do you like olives? Fat, no carbs or protein. I also like that they are salty

Chris - your mom gives me hope. I want to be able to maintain my loss for life!
    -- Ruth

She visited us for Christmas 7 years ago. The photos compelled her to act. It took her 2 years to lose 75 lbs. and she has easily maintained for 5 years. She gets on the scale daily now, but says mostly she relies on her jeans to tell her when to get serious. But she also says, that maintenance has been really easy, that her body seems to have adjusted and she listens to it now. And she has had a heart valve replaced, and a mastectomy, obviously been through menopause, and spent the past year and a half nursing my dad who has had a variety of serious to slightly less serious ailments. So raging hormones and maximal stress. So it can be done!
    Chris
    Unknown

There you go. It may take us all awhile to get there, but we'll get there and keep it off!
    -- Ruth

Actually I don't really care how slow it goes as long as it goes. I have spent so much of the past watching the fat pile on, any amount off as long as it is steady would be a very welcome change. I really think (not to labor the point) that not getting on the scale is allowing me to not worry so much about the number. Pretty sure since I just started that I will wait till the beginning of March to weigh and measure.
    Chris
    Unknown

Chris, your mom's story is inspiring.

Ruth- I LOVE olives! You are the right, the saltiness helps curb appetite too.

Ok.. stepped on the scale this morning (I have not been on since before Christmas) and I am down 3-4 pounds. I have really been on the LCHF for not quite a week. I was curious and have not measured or weighed.

Yesterday's stats:
    P-98g (a little high)
    c-36g (on target)
    f-90g (about 40g too low) GRRR
    cal-1371 (too low)

Q: refresh my memory- what happens if I do not get all the fat in? I will not lose as fast?

Off to another good start. This morning eggs in butter with a green chili and berries, lunch is mexican chicken, and tonight is homemade carnitas (I have it in the crock pot)! WHOOP!!!

edit: on a side note.. I think I am going to have my doc change my antidepressant to something stronger. I am thinking about asking for wellibutrin. Although I feel physically fine with the EMF, something just feels "off".
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-07-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    Karin