Page 231 of 625 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 6245

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 231

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was born in Denver and lived most of my life there. My family is all along the front range.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

How an apple can jack your day.

It has 33g of carbs and I ate the whole thing. Tonight looks to be a high fat and moderate protein only night (turkey meatballs). Perhaps I will make some fat bombs. Unfortunately, not sure how to make them sans carbs. I also need to make some soup for tomorrow's lunch. I am thinking french onion.

edit: so after lunch my macros look like this:
    F-31g
    C-51g
    P-37g
    639 calories

no wonder I am fat.. I need to try and redeem this day with fat and protein but am unsure how.
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-03-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    Karin

"dismal ending of yesterday" I swear there are times I would like to stab myself in the eye with a pencil than deal with my daughter and her meltdowns. I ate to comfort myself.

On the plus side: The chest cold I think is leaving. I lost a lot of mucus yesterday that was causing some serious wheezing. So an added plus, no steroids from the doc because no need to go now (HA!).

Another plus: I made french onion soup with bone broth and oh my "delicious it is!" as Yoda would say. I have brought some for lunch as well as some homemade meatballs and a little gouda. I also brought my little jar of bouillon just in case. The fresh bone broth in the crockpot should be done this afternoon. That is being set aside so I can made some more pork green chili this weekend.
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I have a great recipe for pork green chili stew as well. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, I'd love it more if I could have cheese & sour cream with it

Glad to hear the chest cold is finally leaving!!! Get well.

[Sorry about the kiddo........]

What are your plans for the weekend?
    -- Ruth

Ruth- back in the day (of high carbs etc.) a bowl of green chili stew and tortillas were all I needed. Back home though they are famous for the slopper. This is a burger with the works (and the bottom half of the bun) in a bowl smothered in green chili stew. Now, I modify and skip the bun. Its wonderful.

This weekend the kid has a basketball game. I have decided that I really do not like this game much at all. My dd is struggling with the rules and concept and watching her learn the game is painful. However, the season is over the end of February. Ack! I do not think we will attempt basketball in the future. Other than that, I am going to sleep. Seriously, I could have used a nap yesterday (first day back to school). I slept a lot over the break (mostly because of the chest cold). Getting back in the saddle though.
    Karin

I'm hoping for a nap myself today! Likely won't happen, but that's how I get myself out of bed and going - the promise that I can "rest" later.
    -- Ruth

so far so good today..after my lunch here are my stats:

3 eggs with gouda cheese
    crio bru with half and half
    homemade turkey meatballs
    homemade french onion soup no bread
    gouda cheese
    3 life savers (I know.. I know)

F-73g
    P-83g (a little high)
    c-17g

So... I have a little bit of a picture of what I need for dinner. I am loving the french onion soup but those onions are so carby!!
    Karin

Yeah. I love me some onions, too. Sounds like a great day. End it on a good note!
    -- Ruth

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Ah, kids and attitudes and sports. My youngest is about 6 months away from going away for college. I am a little sad, but mostly excited. I am so tired of sitting through his rifle practices. They are at a different HS and I have to drive him there, it is not worth going home then going back to get him, so I stay and knit.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Last night ended on a great note. My protein was a little high but everything else was in line. I had a sketchy moment there a bit so I took a pat of butter, a table spoon of coconut butter, sweetener and some coco nibs and made me a little bowl of fat goodness (not balls). It curbed it and kept me from going over the macro cliff or worse, the grain and sugar cliff.

So today's ball game, they lost. We knew it before it started how it would turn out because the other team was twice as large and MUCH MORE experienced. The girls tried and learned which is actually more important. I IF'd breakfast (it sounds way better than I got up late and rushed and had to skip breakfast). Funny though, it was not a hardship.. perhaps my fat delight before bed assisted with this. Lunch was on target as well. I had ham, celery and cream cheese. Not fancy but then, sometimes its the simple food that keeps you going.

I MUST say though.. that french onion soup ROCKS IT!! Oh my.. I impressed myself! LOL
    Karin