Page 229 of 614 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 6134

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 229

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yesterday was a fun crafting day with me bff. We also had Chris's broccoli soup. It was so good and my friend flipped. I was a little nervous about bringing it because my friend has been a ww girl for the longest time. She was pleasantly surprised it was very low carb as the doctor recently told her she needs to be low carb because she was not losing on weight watchers. He looked at her food journal and said she should be at her goal weight and so he ran a bunch of tests. Come to find out she is insuline resistant and carbs are not her friend. She is still in a bit of shell shock as she is used to @ 300g of carbs per day and the doc told her to take it to30g. She told him she would take it to @ 150 but no lower as it would be too difficult to cook for the family and such and she is not giving up fruit. I told her that getting 30g carbs was not so hard but when she learned I pretty much do not do fruit she was like, forget it.

Yesterday was a good food day.. besides the soup we had cheeses and an assortment of low carb raw veggies. For dinner was chicken and leftover soup.

I have started on valentine crafts.. I know but that holiday is a sneaker-upper. I have started to make the cards and card sets.

I can not believe the end of the year has come. This Christmas vacation has gone too fast. It does not help that I have yet to ditch the chest cold.

The greatest temptation in my house is the scale.. I will not be moved though. Chris is right, its a lousy weigh to measure yourself.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    During these beginning days, I'm eating a bit more. However, for that scale to move, I'm going to have to cut back. For me, since I can't do too much dairy, I'm going to have to watch the butter. I figure that once I get my body burning on fat, it's going to be easier to watch the calories.

Sorry about the cold...hope you kick it soon!

V Day is not really that far away...
    -- Ruth

so I had some chips last night. I am going to chalk it up to not feeling well. Although a better choice would have been a mug of broth. Fuzzy thinking because I only thought of that now. I am taking cough meds with codeine, it knocks me out but quiets the coughing.Drinking lots of hot tea although it has honey in it. Other than that my food choices and macros are pretty much inline.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Want to give credit where credit is due...the broccoli cheese soup is from Geostump.

Being sick is not conducive to watching what you eat, certain things taste good and certain things do not, you have to do the best you can do.

Sadly Valentines day is just around the corner
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I was thinking the same thing - when you are sick, you have to do what you can and the best you can. You sound like you are doing pretty well. Best to focus on getting well and then you can focus on what you're eating!

I see you're finding lots of good stuff on Pinterest
    -- Ruth

Karin - I thought of you. Sparkling Raw Ginger Ale – L.Michelle
    -- Ruth

Ruth- I think I have some ginger in the fridge as well as sparkling water. I am going to try this. Thank you!
    Karin

How's the cold?
    -- Ruth

the cough is still bad.. taking some cough with codeine. Eating not so great..
    Karin

Get better first, then worry about the eating!