Page 227 of 621 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 6205

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 227

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Chris- Although there are many fat bomb recipes I kind of flubbed my way through. Make sure you write down how you made them so we can copy of course!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    ok, I just remembered that I bought almond butter specifically to make fat bombs. I made them, but don't love the taste of cocoa powder in them. I even cooked the coconut milk, oil, and cocoa powder and it still had the taste of un cooked cocoa. So I will have to experiment. The recipe I used is from "Until the Fat lady sings" but I ran short of coconut and I doubled the stevia (I like sweet). So I need to experiment. I think I want to go with mostly a coconut flavor, like the inside of mounds bars.

p.s. the coconut bars are much better once they spent the night in the fridge. I think you could figure out a way to sub out coconut flour for the almond meal for the base. These are pretty much fat bombs too.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

i like the coconut butter/cream cheese combo. i want to play with some peppermint oil with them, as well as orange and lemon. I really like the used up cocoa nibs from the brewed cocoa beans as well. It gives it that bit of crunch you are probably used to with nuts.
    Karin

do you buy coconut butter? and where did you get the nibs? You are getting quite creative girly!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

I did buy the coconut butter. However, I pinned a recipe on making your own coconut butter. The nibs I bought from Amazon. They are roasted cocoa nibs. I think I have seen them at the larger health food stores. I would be surprised if TJ's or some such place did not carry them. As for being creative, I sometimes think I am just desperate. LOL I miss the crunch of nuts but not enough to die over them. The nibs give me the satisfaction.

2T of the nibs is like 120 calories, negligible fat and carbs. I thought if I put 2 T in a small container that those moments at school where I am candy scavenging, crunching on one of those small pieces would give me the crunch and chocolate I crave without the sweet and sabotaging.
    Karin

never mind, I just saw your pin for the recipe.

Ok here is a question. I went to our group for EMF recipes. and one of the members had requested to be friends. So I went to look them up, and where it says for every one else "senior member" or "member" under her/him it says "banned" any idea what that means? This person posted a new discussion in the discussion group that did not include a recipe, I was thinking I would go ahead and delete it. What do you think?
    Chris
    Unknown

I would say if he has banned on his title, there is a reason for this. I say it would be ok to delete it. Who is it?
    Karin

I don't think I can delete a member, just the discussion. If you go to the group page, and click view all members, you should be able to see it.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Merry Christmas, Karin!!
    -- Ruth

Merry Christmas Ruth!! I hope your day is fabu!! Making my breakfast I was thinking of you (being in NM). I am making chili rellenos (lazy ones cuz.. the Christmas and I am lazy LOL). I miss Southern Colorado/NM cuisine oftentimes.

Merry Christmas MDA family! Presents are unwrapped, kids are happy, dogs are happy, adults are happy, have sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and even had a taste of the cake (1 inx1in) my 10 year old made. Good gosh a mighty it was sweet. My coffee did not need sweetener since my mouth was still sweet. Eating well.. eating fat-alicious!!

side note: last night I do not think I ate enough. I had to have a couple of spoons of coconut butter.

yesterday stats:

p:80g on target
    f: 107 g low a bit
    c: 26 g on target
    @ 1364 calories
    Karin