Page 223 of 621 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 6205

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 223

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't have a kindle (I have a nook) but it looks like I can download it to my PC when I get home, which would be more useful anyway.

Hey if you can do cream cheese that dip I made (minus the nuts for you) would be easy and delicious. Make it even easier if you used store bought tampenade.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I can say this. My cravings for carbs and sweet things are pretty much nil. I'm still using a few drops of stevia in my tea, but plan to drop that after I get other stuff squared away. I haven't felt so satisfied eating in a very long time. For right now, this is WORKING.

I think I have many improvements to make in my eating, but for what it's worth, here's my food log of the last several days (comments and suggestions [on my thread, of course] welcome!): Rms123's Food Diary | MyFitnessPal.com
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Ok.. getting all the info I can before I officially start tomorrow..

1. What is fat bread?
    2. Can I still have wine? Ok.. really enjoying a glass of wine in the evenings. Could it coincide with the fact I have an extremely ADHD/ODD/OCD child? well, maybe a little.
    3. So are ya'll counting calories or not? OR, you just looking at the macros?

Ruth- Looking at your journal is giving me a great picture. I read this and am like, I CAN DO THIS!!! I need to increase my greens personally but other than that, this looks doable.

Chris- Does the whey still fit? Also, I LOVE TAMPENADE!! OMG.. its addicting! I am making that cream cheese doo dah.. I have organic green olives and took out some kalamata olives too (I always have these on hand). I also have some sun dried tomatoes in olive oil I would love ideas for. We are talking HUGE ASS JAR (its from the middle east). I got it on sale like a while ago.. and I look at this jar and go.. hmmmmm

OK.. update.. the cold has moved into the chest.. this is so not fun. As for the prozac, I go this month and am going to ask them to kick it up a notch or just give me something else. Its not a binge issue and I know part of it is lack of hormones but at times I think I am losing it. After dd therapy session (in which I was in for half an hour by myself), I think I need more of something. I dunno.. part of it is the holidays too.. the colder weather.. I dunno.

No kids today at school. Today is a half a work day and the superintendent told us we can leave an hour early so I am here like 2.5 hours playing on the computer because my grades are done.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    YES, you can do this. I've been traveling and working away from home and have managed to make this work.

Fat bread, unfortunately, has nuts I posted the link in the LCHF recipe group.

My guess is you'll have to see what wine does for you. I think it would throw me out of things, but others, maybe not.

Tapenade = love!!!!!!!

Sundried tomatoes - I combine them (and the oil) with meat (ground beef, chicken) and spinach. Makes a lovely meal!
    -- Ruth

OK.. here is some wine info in case you are interested:

Here are some carb counts for popular types of wine (per five ounce glass):

Reds
    Burgundy: 5.46
    Zinfandel: 4.20
    Petite Sirah: 3.94
    Sangiovese: 3.85
    Cabernet Sauvignon: 3.82
    Merlot: 3.69
    Pinot Noir: 3.4

Whites
    Riesling: 5.54
    Chenin Blanc: 4.9
    Semillon: 4.59
    Pinot Grigio: 3.03
    Sauvignon Blanc: 3.01

I normally drink merlot but I assume the drier white wines are less carbs..I am not a wine expert.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Well that seems totally doable, a glass of wine as a veggie replacement would keep you in your carb count!

oh, forgot to answer about the whey. I had stopped using it. But my protein is a little low and fat a little high, so tomorrow I am thinking I will add 1/2 a scoop of the zNatural unflavored to my morning smoothie and take out probably the chia and flax and see what that does to the days macros as well as satiety through out the day. Because I am having zero issues with satiety I hesitate to mess too much with the macros.

You could also chop up the tomatoes and add them to the cream cheese doo dah, and that would be yummy.

also here is the link to my food tracking, although I have not been religious http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/dia...ate=2012-12-20about it, it might still give you some ideas.
    Last edited by demuralist; 12-21-2012 at 07:49 AM. Reason: add answers
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yay! I can drink 7 glasses of wine!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Fat Bread Couldn't one leave out the nuts? Gotta try it.
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

OMG.. Wine for veggies!! I am SO DOWN WITH THIS!! hahahahahaah
    Karin

Calories Technically, if you are reaching your macros and not blowing past them, your calories should work out.