Page 222 of 542 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 5414

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 222

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    LOL This is the new plan that I hinted at in my journal a couple of weeks ago when my Whole 30 tanked. I feel like the pied piper with people jumping on LCHF with me. Hope it works well for everyone otherwise I might be run out of town.

PS I dumped Prozac 3 months ago. it did not stop my binges which was my entire reason for going on it.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    we are all just looking for a reasonable plan that will keep us out of the pantry and/or the looney bin and help us to reach our potential. I for one am thrilled that you got this going. It really is all about timing. Until I had made a concerted effort with the high veggie high protein plan (which for me mentally seems the healthiest) I would not have done this. I never did the all out bacon thing, so this is new ground for me. Who'd a thunk it, trying to make myself eat less veggies?

Paula, I can tell you that from my perspective the drop of prozac didn't seem to affect your attitude, so if it didn't help with binges it was time to drop it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yup, Once I knew it wasn't doing anything for me, I couldn't get off it fast enough.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I can't say I've dropped a ton of weight yet (more on that in my journal later), but I sure feel better. I'm finally satisfied again. I'll see how the full week goes. There are a lot of places I can tweak. I'm trying to be scientific about this, so I can see if I can sorta pinpoint what is working and what is not.
    -- Ruth

I am not organized enough to be scientific. If I was I might have figured this out a long time ago!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not very good at it, obviously. One should both shift macros and introduce a food that you've know to have sensitivity to
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Hey this is a quote I took from Paula's thread that she found on Paleobird's

This is from Paleobird's "Eat Moar Fat" thread...

"I ran across an interesting formula for figuring your ratios from the work of Dr Jan Kwasniewski author of The Optimal Diet.
    First you figure up your IDEAL weight in KILOS. This is not necessarily the weight you are aiming for but it it your Ultimate HSIS (Hot Stuff In Swimwear) weight.
    HSIS weight in kilos plus/minus 10% = range for protein grams/day
    HSIS weight in kilos divided by 2 = upper end for carb grams/day
    The rest of your diet is fat. HSIS weight in kilos x anywhere from 2 to 3.5 depending on your weight goals (lower to lose, higher to gain)

So, at my height and HSIS weight this come out to about 1500 calories if I use the low end of the fat range and that is sometimes hard to get enough to make that. I wouldn't want to do it any higher.

Also, read the blog of Dr Peter Attia for more information on nutritional ketosis. "

So this is mine...HSIS weight is 72kg (I actually look great at 160!)
    That makes my protein range 65g to 79g
    My carb upper end 36g
    And my fat would be 144g at the low end and well no need to figure out the high end!
    That brings my calories to between 1700 and 1750.
    this seems totally doable!

For ease of remembering I am going 70g protein, half that in carbs=35g, double that in fat 140g and for now not stressing about calories, although theoretically this would make them work out right?
    OK.. 160 has always been my ultimate goal so would my macros be the same as yours?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I am trying to wrap my head around this.. what does an average day of food look like?
    Karin

yep, your macros the same as mine.

Here is typical...

My day today...
    Wake up...1tsp matcha powder, in 12oz water, 4T HnH (I shop at Trader Joes and their HWC is a very small container) whirled
    Breakfast smoothie...1C unsweetened almond milk, 1C unsweetened coconut milk (from carton not can), 1T @ cocoa, chia, flax, & kosher gelatin, 2 eggs, and 14g MCT
    Lunch....1 small avocado with 1T mayo and 1/4C toasted pecans, 1oz double cream gouda on the side, Double chocolate Mate with 1T HnH
    Dinner....BAS with 3C mixed greens, cuke, red pepper, olive oil, apple cider vinegar with pumpkin seeds, walnuts and blue cheese. Then I add a protein source either salmon or chicken thighs or grass fed beef.
    Snacking when needed....Cream cheese/tampenade/nut mix on celery.

My carbs go high, but right now I am doing net carbs so they end up coming in under my 36g limit. Also Dr. Attia talks about easing into this. I am hoping that by easing into it I can avoid the carb flu. fingers crossed on that one, so far so good.
    Chris
    Unknown

OK.. first off.. free kindle book ya'll might be interested in. How long it will be free? Who knows. Here is the link

17 Holiday Recipes for the Paleo, Primal, and Gluten-Free Inclined (17Recipes.com Series of eBooks): Allison Abdelnour, John Abdelnour: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Well the weather rolled in yesterday and my asthma went into shock.. did a breathing treatment, did the ER inhaler, drank some green tea (everything I could think of) still felt like crap.. woke up in the middle of the night congested (tight chest), sore throat from hell and achey.. grrr.. I took some dayquil last night (otherwise I would not have woken up for work), it helped the symptoms a bit not not completely. I am clock watching though and taking it every 4 hours. In the end its a good thing I rescheduled my appt for the asthma doctor.. I would have failed that test miserably. I take it next week so who knows how that will play out.

Now.. head is achey, I can tell the meds are working, but they are not taking away all the symptoms. double grr..

I hate complaining but it seems I am really good at it.

Cocoa nibs.. I bought some.. I am thinking I can transition to snacking on them and or making crio bru with them as I take the plunge to swear off sugar and carbs. I crave the carbs but more than that, I am craving fat. Strange as it sounds I could actually eat a package of cream cheese with a spoon and think nothing of it. So when am I jumping on this fat train? When I am out of school and can rest a bit and get a clearer head. Today is the last day with students and tomorrow I am only in for 3 hours. So, saturday looks like a good day to start. However, I am not necessarily going overboard before then, just not tracking as close.
    Karin