Page 219 of 614 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 6138

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 219

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I agree, for me the weight loss stopped when I started primal. So I am inching my way lower and lower carb. I will still use net carbs for 2 reasons...1 is that it keeps me eating fiber which, again for me, is essential and 2 when I went VLC without doing net, I felt like crap and never got past the "carb flu". I still lean toward whole foods, not adding in any Atkins bars or anything like that! But yes I am shifting my focus from getting "all my veggies and all my protein" to going low carb. It isn't a drastic change, but hopefully it will be enough.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    a night on the run last night as dd had an appt in Wichita and we get home @7pm. I stopped at a quicktrip and had some roller meat (lesser of many evils) AND some carrots and celery. Lets focus on the positive shall we? It beats fast food as I have to eat and drive.

Ok.. not sure what the deal is (I think I know but...) I was up @4am. Soooo flipped a load of laundry, had a cup of coffee and made a frittata.. went back to bed to drink coffee and watch Elf for a bit until it was time to shower and get ready.

Ok.. I am suppose to be on the estrogen patch. I have been off of it since Sunday. I have been reading and am torn about hrt. As of yet the only symptoms are the occasional mild headache and waking early (less sleep). I have not flashed since shortly after surgery. Even before they put me on hrt, I had basically quit flashing. so.. I dunno.. we will see.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I think your food choice last night was awesome.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I haven't read enough on hrt yet. But my inclination is the less meds the better. I am pretty sure that I can't take it because I had the Pulmonary Embolisms anyway.

Not many foods you can eat while you drive are gonna be great. We usually stop at Wendy's when we are on the road, but we also pack snacks. We can't eat beef jerky in the car though cause the smell is a bit over powering in a closed environment like that, and if DD is in the car it will literally make her sick, but we take it and eat it at rest stops. Nuts are nice too. Of course there is the kid to consider right?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Yup. HRT is a NO NO for you and me.
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

We had a very interesting convo in church last Sunday about the whole underskin chip info system and what Christians should do to avoid it. The conclusion was eat healthy, exercise, get off your meds. Then you won't need the health care system. Apparently, a mandatory chip identification system is part of the Obama care legislation. Not sure if that is true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Apparently, a mandatory chip identification system is part of the Obama care legislation. Not sure if that is true or not.
    Sounds like baseless fear-mongering unless proven otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I would tend to agree with you. I am not one of those "crazy born again" types. Just reporting what was talked about.

I like the music at this church, but not sure I like their "Politics & Extremism". My husband would not be comfortable there, but then again, he believes in God but not organized religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post

Wow, I sure hope so!
    Chris
    Unknown

Paula, we have an awful time trying to find a church. Looking for religiously fairly liberal, but politically very neutral. hard to do. Good luck in your search!

No matter what the plan is (Obama or otherwise) probably best to reduce meds to an absolute minimum necessary for best health!

p.s. about the hrt, good, now I don't have to deal with it.
    Chris
    Unknown