Page 218 of 636 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 6356

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 218

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    One day didn't create the situation, and one day ain't gonna kill the solution! On the other hand I love a good egg custard!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Fail to plan.. plan to fail..

So as of lunch I am succeeding..

I am also conquering the caffeine I think. All weekend I made pots of decaf green tea. In the pot I put some orange ends or lemon ends (the middles were sliced and put in the dehydrator for gifts). I have also discovered that the ends of citrus can be frozen and put in tea later as well. Who knew? Anyhoo.. sometimes I also put some cloves or a cinnamon stick in the pot as well. It was so good and hit the spot with the colder weather. Did I eat well this weekend? Umm.. read the first part of the post. I do so poorly when I am on the go. DD had a bball tourney and we had an electricity problem in town so we were at moms for Friday night. Just poorly planned days which means poorly planned food.

To make up for the weekend deficit, I fried up some burger, added a sugar free marinara sauce (there is veggies in that there sauce), portioned out the weeks worth of lunches and topped with parm cheese. Its so good! So simple! At work they are like mmm what are you eating? Did you make that homemade?? It smells SO GOOD! I am like, yeah I am awesome like that. LOL Psh.. they need to know nothing about my partnership with Hunts pasta sauce. By the way, the sauce in the can is sugar free. So many of the jarred sauces contain sugar- weird!

I am reading the eat moar fat thread a bit. However, I am really liking the KMD. It is my kind of food, my kind of eating. I need to be drinking my wine in the evening though. I know you can sub chocolate but I think chocolate is a trigger for me.
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 12-10-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I think the KMD gets you past 50% fat so you are eating more. I am not going to start reading another thread about some miracle way to make this work, not right now. But I am getting a bit more fat in my diet and it is yummy, and satisfying. I don't do bacon though, actually don't care for it. I have switched to chicken thighs instead of breast. What a difference! Cheaper and much yummier. So it is the small changes I am working on, the details.

congrats with your weeks lunches already prepared!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Well for me it may be just the miracle I need to stop bingeing...

Who knew Hunts in a can had no sugar? Thanks for the info.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Oh Paula, I hope so! It is my memory that this is one version of Primal that you haven't tried, so maybe this is the missing link! I am honestly coming to believe that the devil is in the details, and that each of us needs a different mix of macros (probably different at different times too). And that is why you can read a thread where the fat is melting off of someone and they are vegetarians, and another thread where they eat only meat. I am guessing the trick is to find the combo that satisfies our taste buds, as well as our brain, as well as our physical needs and that does not leave us feeling deprived or hungry. So perfect a fit that it becomes so natural that there is zero thought process necessary, and then we can get on to other thing besides trying to control our diet. I think I am getting much closer.
    Chris
    Unknown

So even though last night was a bit rocky, I pulled through with minor scrapes in regards to food. I brought home a rotisserie chicken,

<side note- I KNOW things like this are not what Mark wants us to eat, I got to thinking on the way to work though, what is more important? Getting off the grains and sugar or focusing solely on where the meat comes from? For me the grains and sugar trump the other>

that with cauliflower and a salad was awesome. Who knew you could get a family size chicken as well? I had enough chicken to put away (3 of us ate last night and some of those chickens are scrawny) and had some chicken for breakfast. It was SO GOOD. Packed my lunch again (you know the kind that makes the coworkers swoon) as well as some cukes. So pretty set I think today. I have some beef jerky if I get in a pickle.
    Karin

roasted cauliflower last night. YUM, just tossed a pkg of frozen with a bit of olive oil and a seasoning mix, into a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes, till the edges start to brown. I swear it tastes like candy!

I am totally with you on your order of priorities. get the sugar and grains out, then get to the details of the source of the meat.
    Chris
    Unknown

My trusty beef jerky that makes me chew and chew busted through the "oh-my-gosh-I-need-chocolate/sugar/candy".

On a side note.. not sure if its the super cold weather or what but I am back to being hoarse and losing my voice again. I will tell you though, since the surgery, I have not caught the sickies like I used to. Call me crazy (you know you want to), but its like I feel it coming on and I feel my body fighting it and win. I am wondering if all the problems the cyst and the endo were causing was not lowing my immune system. I get a sore throat for a couple hours, drink tea yada yada.. and I am fine. It use to be, I could feel the progression to the next step. I dunno.. we shall see some spring how I fair in this world of sick kiddos.
    Karin

yeah! I love beef jerky for exactly that reason.

I bet you are right, one thing off and the whole immune system is working hard to to stay balanced, throw in a new germ and kablam! Sick for 3 weeks. I get if you stay off the sugar and starch for a while it will get even better!
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    On the perfect Primal eating front...I realized that i have to stop bingeing first, then worry about cleaning up the program whatever it may be. So for right now, as long as it is low carb, it is in. This includes AS and dairy of any high fat variety.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67