Page 217 of 625 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 6245

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 217

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oooookkkk.. so here begins the new journey of me. Crap I get tired of "starting over" or "starting something new". I have been reading and the KMD and like Chris said, I think I will like it. It seems to be what I prefer the most, I just need to get it together. This morning was not an inspiring way to start the day.. bacon and diet coke (I KNOWWW!!!) but sleep was crap last night. I was up at 1:30am until about 3am. I have not had this sleep issue in a while so perhaps it was too much caffeine yesterday.

Pedometer is on. At school we are walking as a staff to Chicago (@744 miles) via the pedometers as a healthy awareness incentive. At the end of school we will have a smoothie party..ummm yeah. This whole thing starts on the 9th.

more later as morning duty awaits.. its 32 degrees and I have outside duty this morning..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    hey starting over simply means you have some new learning going on. It keeps the brain young. I really do think KMD will work well for you.

sorry about the sleep, the cold, and the breakfast. Things can only get better...I think that is a song lyric.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Karin, hope you have a good day. [Ugh. I cannot imagine outside duty. I hate the cold...]

Starting over is a pain, but you are worth it.
    -- Ruth

no pumpkin then no sweet taters either probably.. so sad.. but hey, I can live with this. I had to finish my sweet taters today instead of tossing them. I took out some ground turkey breast for dinner. I am trying to decide what best to make.
    Karin

Don't you have a recipe where you spice up ground meat to taste like sausage (you could even sneak in some finely chopped spinach and if the seasoning is strong enough you wouldn't even taste it!) Add a couple of eggs, and whatever kind of veggie you do like. Maybe sprinkle with a little fresh parm. that sounds like dinner.

I have given up pumpkin at least until next year. I was getting a little crazy with it! But hey, what I was doing was still not working, so something had to go! I haven't been doing the sweet potatoes, so no loss there.

I actually feel good about this for you, it really seems like for the most part it fits your preferences.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

I think you are right Chris!

So, today I am off to a great start. Last night I fried up some ground turkey breast, onions, italian seasoning and a little can of tomato sauce (because tomatoes tend to be wonky on my knees). I put it in small containers and topped them with parm cheese. I had one for breakfast and took one for lunch. It was SO GOOD!! So already I have onion and tomato first thing in the morning.

More later.. morning duty again..

edit: Chris I am going to try that breakfast. It DOES sound like my kind of thing.

Also for lunch I brought celery and cream cheese (hoping cream cheese is legal- I need to look it up). My favorite cold veggies are celery (which I understand is pretty devoid of nutrients), cukes and carrots once in a great while. All other veggies I like cooked. I have turned in to such a midwest girl only I eat more than corn and green beans..LOL

So the dd is home sick with her grandma (she was puking after bball practice). Hopefully this is recovered soon because she has practice and a scrimmage tomorrow and a tournament on Sat. With only 7 girls on the team, they need her even if this is turning out to not be her sport.
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 12-06-2012 at 07:22 AM.
    Karin

look at you sneaking veggies into your breakfast! Yeah, I am excited for you!

Not sure about cream cheese, but regular cheese (up to 3 oz, which is a lot) is good, depends on the carbs I would guess.

I love cucumbers (especially pickled) and celery, so-so on carrots.

so sad the kid is sick again. hoping for a quick recovery!
    Chris
    Unknown

well I googled and it seems to fall in with HWC and full fat sour cream in a low carb plan... not sure about KMD though.

Chris: I am a pickle and olive girl!! Oh and the sweet cherry peppers and banana peppers... THOSE ARE AWESOME SNACKS. I am such an antipasta person..LOL
    Karin

I think you are doing ok with the cream cheese. You might want to weigh it though, and I would consider it a fat more like butter than like cheese, although I don't think I would go so far as to go unlimited-you are trying to keep the carbs down. The cheese I had for lunch today had 7g of protein and no carbs, and 9g of fat (and it was a double cream gouda-yum). Cream cheese only has 2g of protein, 10g of fat, and 1g of carb.

yep, I like anti-pasta myself.

hey, p.s. pretty sure carrots, like winter squash, are high in carbs. so off limits in the early stages here.
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am outta carrots and squash anyway. I will miss pumpkin on Christmas though. However, I could probably do an egg custard!
    Karin