Page 214 of 636 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 6356

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 214

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Oh good, I am glad you don't feel stressed from the calorie watch. Staying off the scale is a mixed bag, especially in the beginning, but once out of the habit it freed me to notice other things such as how I feel and how clothes fit.

Maybe Friday when you get home a few stretching exercises will be in order to hopefully prevent the cramps. Was it a charlie horse sort of thing? My DD swears by "blue emu" cream (I think she gets it at Walgreens maybe Walmart) not expensive and probably more about rubbing it in than anything fantastic about the cream, but I am pretty sure they have a total money back guarantee even if the jar is almost empty. Google it, if you have not heard of it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    It was like a aching numbing cramp. I felt it coming on around the ankle (tried to work it out) and then it sprinted up the leg to the hip.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    odd. muscular?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I dont think so.. it felt like it started in the joint.
    Karin

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I have noticed that when I over do it, I will start aching one place (like ankle or hip) and it will spread to my whole body. Something to do with nerve cross talk I believe. It is one of the few times I will take an I buprofen now as that really seems to help. Warm baths bring some relief too. Hopefully, this was just a one time aberation not to be repeated for you. It's so not fair as we try so hard to get better and stronger that our bodies rebell like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    I have noticed that when I over do it, I will start aching one place (like ankle or hip) and it will spread to my whole body. Something to do with nerve cross talk I believe. It is one of the few times I will take an I buprofen now as that really seems to help. Warm baths bring some relief too. Hopefully, this was just a one time aberation not to be repeated for you. It's so not fair as we try so hard to get better and stronger that our bodies rebell like this!
    agreed! The thought that kept going through my mind was "OMG.. this better not be what its like to be old!"
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Karin - on the bright side - 1,600 is not bad on an overload day Just keep plugging away. I totally hear you on things not working -- but you have to give it at least 2 weeks, if not a month, to see if it's working. [This from the queen of hopping on and trying every new thing she reads about]
    True.. my calories "could" have been a lot worse. So maybe the 1200 plan is good. It seems when calorie allotments are higher, the overloading is also higher.. I dunno.. still thinking that one through. I am going to keep at it. Its not as hard as it was before. It also makes me mindful of my choices. I have been weighing my food too to get a more accurate count and picture of what I need to do.
    Karin

Calories yesterday 1407 (crap.. its hard to get to 1200)

Calorie Breakdown:
    Carbohydrate (30%)
    Fat (42%)
    Protein (28%)

My protein is way low and my fat is higher than anything. I need fewer calories from fat and more from protein, yes?
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Truthfully, I wouldn't worry all that much about the macros, unless you think you can tweak them enough to help you get closer to 1200 and feel satisfied. I do better with slightly more protein and slightly less fat, but it varies by day.

1400 is not bad - you are working toward 1200
    -- Ruth

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If I am correct fat grams are higher calories than carbs and protein. I need to be fairly low carb so I am thinking perhaps more protein and less fat will result in lower calories. Or, do I have this wrong?
    Karin