Page 213 of 617 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 6170

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 213

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I know I need to drops the sweeteners.. its HARD. I would agree I probably use too much sweet and low. I can do without the dairy.. its just a comfort (much like Chris mentioned). If I do not see changes in the scale soon, I may just drop dairy altogether. I would then be a W30 I think.

Edit: BONUS.. todays lab with my 3 classes I had to walk the hall back and forth for 3 classes (About 80 min per class). I should have worn my pedometer. I will do this lab with another group Friday for the same walking time.
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 11-27-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    It's funny Chris...You used to swear that you had to weigh every day for the data that it gave you. Now you don't weigh. I think some day you will choose to do a true W30 too.

I double dog dare you. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    It's funny Chris...You used to swear that you had to weigh every day for the data that it gave you. Now you don't weigh. I think some day you will choose to do a true W30 too.

I double dog dare you. lol
    I am breaching etiquette here but: I triple dog dare you! LOL
    Karin

OK.. flub up last night. DD had her appt last night which meant we were on the run (i.e no time to eat at home). I made an unwise sonic decision (any decision is unwise at sonic) and went over. It then led to binging at night. I need to plan better for those days.

Calories 1674

Calorie Breakdown:
    Carbohydrate (45%)
    Fat (40%)
    Protein (15%)
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    hehehe, I know, Paula, I thought the same thing as I walked away from the computer after I had typed that. So currently my goal is to cut back on the dairy and sweeteners so that when I do decide to jump on the whole30 wagon it will be not so hard. I will say I have tried more than a few times to switch to black coffee and it never worked.

I think the biggest hold back for me right now is that I am not convinced that the 2T of HWC has any effect. I can see where the sweeteners would, and think they would be easier to drop, except I just don't see drinking my morning veggie smoothie unsweetened, blech!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    That is not a problem. If you do W30 you have to dump the whey protein as well...Evil, I know.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I would say this about the W30 - each one I've done, but especially the first one, has identified some problem areas. It's actually where I determined that I have a dairy issue. I knew things weren't quite right, but when I did a true elimination and then brought it back in, wow, my stomach hurt so bad. It was the isolation thing. The one thing you have to do is to bring back things one at a time for a few days s you can figure out what, if anything, each one of the foods does to you.
    -- Ruth

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Karin - on the bright side - 1,600 is not bad on an overload day Just keep plugging away. I totally hear you on things not working -- but you have to give it at least 2 weeks, if not a month, to see if it's working. [This from the queen of hopping on and trying every new thing she reads about]
    -- Ruth

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I actually don't use whey in my morning smoothie, and could do without it in the afternoon one (when I do it) as well, except that I do use cottage cheese and egg whites in the morning one.

gosh Karin, I hate to say this, but keeping to 1200 seems to be so stressful for you I almost hope the experiment doesn't work so you don't have to keep it up!

Nope, not doing a whole30 before Christmas, not gonna add to the stress. My current mind set is to focus on things I can have and I don't wanna learn a whole set of things I can't have right now.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Believe it or not I do not see myself as stressed about the 1200. A bit neurotic perhaps, but not stressed. I am going to keep at it (and complain until I get my crap together). I will say that I have had some good food days. Its a balance though. Eating the right amount of the right foods so that you are no longer hungry. Plus, I have noticed doing this, my previous calories were all over the place as I reflect on the difference in the amount of foods I used to consume as to now. I am going to stay off the scale though until Christmas (OMG.. thats a long time). This way I can give it a true test. During that time, I also think I will be weeding out dairy (cream/cheese). I do not consume much and not daily so perhaps it wont be a big struggle.

On a side note.. worst cramps of my life last night from ankle to hip. I could not walk or put weight on it. I thought I was going to die. Drank some warm water and it helped. I wonder if it was from all the walking I did?
    Karin