Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 6362

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 212

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    that IS funny.. I feel like I have come full circle.. almost
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    FYI on W30 I am only eating between 1200 and 1500 cals/day.

Basically Meat and veg with fat at each meal. Sweet potato added to dinner.

yesterday my calorie count was 1209. Here is the breakdown:
    Calorie Breakdown:
    Carbohydrate (26%)
    Fat (30%)
    Protein (44%)

I need to learn not to step on the scale or just expect to be disappointed when I do. My expectations are too high. I would think that I would see something, anything on the scale. I did not walk yesterday. I started with mom and the wind was so cold, she said she didn't want to go. She had come for dinner so I could not just go on without her. Speaking of dinner.. my chicken breast in the crock pot rocked our worlds. So simple no muss-no fuss (like me). Onions on the bottom, chicken breasts, salt, pepper and then paprika. YUM!

Paula- awesome! FWIW.. with the exception of a little half and half /butter here and there (not everyday), what I am eating is meat, veggies and fruit as well. Perhaps when I can get this calorie count under control I will just make the shift to W30.

Chris- I did not like the SSoS newsletter today (conviction here). So tells me what I do not want to hear, especially about calorie counting. I skimmed it. I need to go back and read it when I am not in an ADHD mind set.

PS. I so excited to start Lily's advent calendar. I think I am looking forward to it more than she is. Although she has to stare at it everyday. She does not know what's up. I will send a picture of what I am talking about tomorrow.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I listened to an interview from Metabolic Effects (they have a pretty good web site) with JJVirgin. She is a diet book author. Her spiel says that if you give up these 7 foods you will lose 7 pounds in 7 days. The foods you ask?

1. eggs
    2. dairy
    3. corn
    4. gluten
    5. soy
    6. peanuts
    7. sugar and A.S.

I think that is essentially a Whole 30 isnt it? She wants you to commit to it 100% for 21 days. Then she suggests you add 1 back in at a time to see which (if not all) are what cause your body to hold onto fat.

I haven't read the SSoS newsletter yet today, but I would tell you to hold off on SSoS until you are done with the low calorie experiment because everything he has to say will just try to talk you out of watching calories.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I think on W30 you can have eggs but you are right, all of the other stuff is forbidden. On the list I am doing eggs and dairy. I probably need to ditch the dairy but I use so little of it (I really am not eating cheese, yogurt, sour cream etc.). I use a little half and half instead of cream and I use butter on occasion. Could my little use of it be hindering my progress? I just do not know.

edit.. oh yeah I use AS too, mostly just sweet and low.
    Karin

I use 1/2C egg whites, 1 egg daily. Dairy wise, 1/2Ccottage cheese rarely butter and 2T half and half, I switched from HWC because it is easier to get-TJ's only has the small size of HWC and the 1/2 & 1/2 is way cheaper. As far as AS I am down now to just stevia and 2T a day of the flavored SF syrup. But no corn, gluten, soy, or peanuts.

But I have gone without all of those things at various times, although not all at once, and it has made no change in my weight.

I am currently much happier since I don't get on the scale and I can focus on how eating something makes me feel. I decided to give up the sugar alcohols I was using (xylitol and erythritol), and will probably give up the SF syrup when I run out and just use organic flavorings and add stevia instead.

I know I am not moving enough, gotta find a substitute for the treadmill till it decides to start again.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I think the sweeteners are the most important to drop. I only use butter and heavy cream, but I have dropped that too.

Chris-I know Karin answered this but...eggs are legal for w30, but it might be an interesting experiment for me post W30. Everything else on the list is essentially what you give up for a pure w30.

The woman who wrote the book basically said that she started this whole thing by doing testing on people that doctors sent to her clinic because they were having symptoms that were not being taken care of with medications. Over the course of doing the testing for years she says she saw a pattern where the patients would not only lose their symptoms (joint pain, fatigue, sleep issues, etc) but also were losing weight. She says when she starting looking at patterns, that 99% of the people came up with issues with one or more of those 7 foods.

I just added back in the cottage cheese and eggs when I started SSoS, I like getting my protein from a variety of sources. And both of those make for a much nicer smoothie! I use my whey for my snack now, because it is a shorter time that I need to be satiated than at breakfast.

I am going to just be honest with myself here and say that the stevia and half & half are currently essential to my enjoyment of my smoothies, matcha green tea, and coffee. Since I am not going to give those 3 up, I am not going to give up the stevia and half&half. The rest I could do without, already do without most of them. But truthfully, deep down, I believe I am heartier than that, I just don't think it would make a difference.
    Chris
    Unknown

How about a 1 week experiment? Drop all of it. Plan it ahead of time so you have replacements. Weigh and measure at the beginning and the end.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe if I get desperate enough after the new year. I would easily give it all up except for 1 cup of the green tea in the morning. That takes the least amount of dairy, and I could probably sub out almond or even coconut milk in it, but it would require at least a few drops of stevia. Or I could try it when DH was out of town, a week without my morning warmth will make me a bear!
    Chris
    Unknown