Page 21 of 541 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 21

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    that for me would be a dangerous surprise. In the past if I didn't gain when I have eaten off plan it almost became a game to see what I could get away with. Luckily with this I have a totally different attitude, so that should not happen.
    me too.. back in the saddle. yum yum.. love my primal foods.

but, ugh.. the candy in this house!! Its evil I tell ya!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Well, easy for me cause there is no candy in the house. I do keep chocolate, but lots and lots and for some reason having excess amounts of something tends to keep me from wanting it. Kind of like, I don't really care for ice cream so much, once we bought an ice cream maker.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Interesting article, might help with the candy issue....The Day After Halloween | Three New Leaves
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

That article was spot on!!! He is right. I can go months without the slightest temptation but the holidays start hitting and its just crazy. I have put the candy in a cabinet.. out of sight. If DD wants her piece of candy she will have to get it out of the cabinet but leave the stash there. Its amazing though, I know its there but its not in line of sight and so eh.. do I want it now? not so much

ugh.. dentist today. My mouth started hurting on Monday and yesterday was pretty miserable. I am hoping its an easy fix like a cracked filling and nothing more serious. I do know I have the start of a fracture on a tooth that needs fixing so we will discuss this as well today.

B: coffee with cream, 1 c cottage cheese, 2 oz colby, 2 oz beef summer sausage

I weighed in this morning and am still down a half since Monday. I have not measured.. I should but I am not convinced its going to be accurate. LOL
    Karin

you are funny. For me it is the combination of measurements that matter, and I only do the tape measure and the Bodyfat once a month. I do use the scale daily though.

I just read on the "Fathead-the movie" blog that he made a deal with his girls regarding Halloween candy. Basically they can have as much as they want for 2 days then it gets gone (he throws it away). Fat Head - Blog site for the comedy-documentary Fat Head

I had a fractured tooth not long ago, I just had them pull it. I have one that broke 7 years ago and had a crown put on it, but so pricey. You can't see it even with a huge smile, and it doesn't affect eating, not worth the how ever much they wanted, so just yanked it.
    Chris
    Unknown

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    you are funny. For me it is the combination of measurements that matter, and I only do the tape measure and the Bodyfat once a month. I do use the scale daily though.

I just read on the "Fathead-the movie" blog that he made a deal with his girls regarding Halloween candy. Basically they can have as much as they want for 2 days then it gets gone (he throws it away). Fat Head - Blog site for the comedy-documentary Fat Head

I had a fractured tooth not long ago, I just had them pull it. I have one that broke 7 years ago and had a crown put on it, but so pricey. You can't see it even with a huge smile, and it doesn't affect eating, not worth the how ever much they wanted, so just yanked it.
    Yup, he moved away from his insulin theory days and has become one of the best motivators for me.

"Nobody ever got sick from eating too much bacon."

Winning.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

HeeHee, Obviously I don't agree with every single thing he says, but I do love him for pushing the scientific method and I also love his humor.
    Chris
    Unknown

well.. went to the dentist. good news the fix is simple.. bad news feeling puny..ugh Taking vitamins and a decongestant, the weather turned crappy today.. I am full of gripes. Ignore me. Food today.. no veggies and only a small portion of pineapple. uck..

positive note: no candy today

tomorrow I have an all day meeting. The staff I work with has decided to go to wheat state pizza. *sigh* its the new place in town. On a positive note, they have wings and salad so it wont be a complete bust. The wings are baked so at least they wont be fried in franken-oil.
    Karin

congrats on the dentist, but omg, when you are down it just keeps getting you, getting sick again? Hope it is just residual from having to go to the dentist.

yeah for no candy.

wings and salad sound great, especially if you don't have to make them or clean up!
    Chris
    Unknown

ok.. yeah.. the mouth is feeling better, I just have to keep up the meds for a while.

Yesterday and Wheat State Pizza.. so yeah, the folks I work with all had coupons for free small pizzas (hooray for them), I ordered wings and a salad ($12-pricey ugh!) and they all had bills like ($2). However, there were 2 kind of funny parts. I start with my salad and they are like" Karin, did you get a healthy lunch, now I feel bad". I said I ordered salad and wings.. they say "Oh, alright- nevermind" (LOL) then after they had eaten ALL their pizzas.. they were all like " Ugh, I am sooo stuffed, I am sooo full, omg I ate too much.. but it was so good.. ugh I need to unbutton my pants etc." Me? I am like.. same old same old.. felt fine. I was also proud of myself that I did not rub it in (don't think I did not think of it- I had my snarky comments ready) I just made no comment as usual. Here is a pay off though:
    today, one of my para's came up to me and whispered "Are you losing weight" I said yes, and she said, wow I could tell when you were in the front of the room. How much have you lost. I told her total almost 30 pounds since July. It felt good sooooo BOOYA!!

I did have trouble counting the wings though.. they were on the huge side (not breaded and bone in). they also had like a T of terriyaki sauce on them. The range of calories etc. in the wings in fat secret was so great.. I just had some jerky for dinner.

Today I am IFing lunch.. can not say I am real hungry. I had a nice protein based breakfast. I need to make sure I get some veggies tonight as well.
    Karin