Page 208 of 622 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 6211

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 208

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Karin, a few recipes for you

Can't remember if you are doing diary or not. You might like these: Guilt-Free Pizza Bites (Cauliflower Pizza Bites) | Amy Layne Paradigm Blog

Here's the cauliflower hummus recipe: MmmMonday: Practical Paleo Review and Cauliflower Hummus | Joyful Abode (may be too much oil...not sure how the calories come out)

With some ranch seasoning, these might be good (let me know if you try them!!!): Vittles and Bits: Baked Zucchini Chips
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Thanks Ruth. I am checking them out now. 1200 calories makes me really think about my choices. It is hard because it seems like everything I want is high calorie. I need to change my paradigm of thinking. I am apprehensive about eating almost because I want to make good choices and not end up hungry. Yet, while I am making the choices I am starving. LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I understand. That's why I'm pushing the veggies at you - usually a minimal calorie bang, good nutrition, and fiber to help fill you up

Maybe if you have time, it would help to tentatively sketch out a few meals for the week and have some quick, low cal options on hand for when you are "starving". I know having a bag of baby carrots, cut up cucumbers, etc. saves me a lot - especially when I walk in the door and I'm HUNGRY.
    -- Ruth

Good tip Ruth and I happen to have a great 10 year old tool that LOVES to peel carrots. The local grocer had a 5 pound bag of carrots for $1.98 (crazy huh?? and they were pretty local- one state over). You are right, planning is the key and guess what today is devoted to!! LOL

I downloaded a couple of apps on the kindle for counting calories and tracking. One is fitday and a few others to see what I like best. I like using the fitbit but I do not have an android app for that and I do not want to track in multiple places.

I am SO TRYING those pizza cauliflower bites!! I have leftover riced cauliflower from Thanksgiving I am going to whip some up. Probably not a full batch but I am going to experiment a bit. They sound awesome as does the hummus. Thanks so much!!
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    the myfitnesspal syncs with the fitbit if you end up using that one.

jicama is a good choice too. You can cut up one ahead of time and it doesn't go brown or soft in a ziptop in the fridge or carried along.

You are really sort of at Weight Watchers, their last new program let you eat as much as you wanted if you ate all "diamond" (I think that was what they used) foods. If you found someone who has their book you could borrow, it would help you with more options. My parents do it and both lost a lot of weight (Mom lost 75 and dad lost 60) and maintained it. Took them 3 to lose and have maintained for almost 2years. Mostly veggies and lean meats.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

well after checking them all out I think I am going to stick with fat secret. It is what I used when I had my smart phone. I have the app on my kindle and the website synched.

Breakfast was a pumpkin pie-ish thing-177 calories. It did not fill me up but then i did not drink as many fluids as I should.
    Karin

Ok.. whoaaaa.. hold the truck buck!! So, those cauliflower pizza bites look awesome and I am like, I got the stuff, lets do this. No muffin pans at moms (I think they are at my house, he), so I use little ceramic cups (Ramekins) and thinking how am I gonna count the calories. I add up all the ingredients. The WHOLE stinkin' batch is only 293 calories. I modified a bit and put in a whole egg instead of egg whites. I mean... WOW!! Soooo if I eat half the batch (that sounds so piggy of me) and some lean ham or turkey with it.. not a bad meal.
    Karin

Well, how did they turn out? [Not that I can eat dairy, but they looked so good to me...]
    -- Ruth

they were really good. I think they could have used more italian seasoning though. I ended up eating it like a casserole as it did not pop really. A muffin pan might make a difference there. I put a little tomato garlic sauce on top and 1 tsp of parmesan. Very tasty! So far today I have had 494 calories and that includes a snack of celery with a hotter than hell cheese dip (50cal). Looking good so far calorie wise.
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Way to go! I might have to see if I can tweak them without the cottage cheese...
    -- Ruth