Page 206 of 636 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 6357

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 206

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I am entering my food into the fitbit program just because I can log my activity too. However, I forgot my fitbit at home today! Grr.. I walked for 30 minutes yesterday and my back is sore today (it was sore last night too). I am hoping to work the kinks out today, but if not I will zap them tonight while I walk AGAIN. Good thing the weather is nice and I have little to gripe about.

Its hard not to obsess about calories.. I am willing to give the 1200 a shot. If I see results, I can see me grudgingly sticking with it.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Happy Thanksgiving!! I am so thankful for you all and the support and encouragement you give. NOT counting calories today but making informed smart choices. I hope you all have a great day and safe travels if you are on the road.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Happy Thanksgiving back at you. No good choices being made here. Whole30 starts tomorrow.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Right back at cha! your support is so much appreciated! The problem was not created by enjoying one day, the solution will not be wrecked by enjoying one day.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Right back at cha! your support is so much appreciated! The problem was not created by enjoying one day, the solution will not be wrecked by enjoying one day.
    <3 this!
    Karin

hehehe, yea, me too, I was kind of proud of myself for thinking of it! Now the trick is to make sure it is just the one day right?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

that IS the trick, is it not? ugh.. I have had a couple of scones this morning with my tea.. and there is LOVELY left over pie I need to not touch.. oh my.. I need to walk, I need to craft.. anything to keep the temptations away.
    Karin

Not sure why, probably because morning is not my time for cheating on new resolve (we will chat again after about 4pm!), but so far I am very strong. None of the leftovers are calling my name. I think if I decide later that I want some of the pie, I will just make myself a quick pumpkin custard and let the rest of the family snarf what is left of the pie.

I have decided to do my own version of Whole 30. Well really the only commonality is the 30 days, but I have posted my very specific goals for the next 30 days, which for me are much more doable, less stressful than trying to do the (for me) overly restrictive, real Whole30. So that is it, anything I think I cannot live without I can have after that.
    Chris
    Unknown

Yesterday's thanksgiving dinner was not so bad. While I did have some scones for breakfast (it was a holiday) thanksgiving had lean ham, cauliflower mash/rice, brussels sprouts with bacon, homemade cranberry sauce sans sugar, steamed sweet potatoes, and for dessert, pumpkin cream pie from Village Inn. It is truly the family favorite pumpkin pie. However, after yesterdayI will be back to making my own little crustless pumpkin pies which are guilt free and fairly low calories. I need a yoda mentality.. DO, there is no TRY.

I will be counting my calories (as suggested by Doc-1200), staying away from carbs (as suggested by Doc-sugar and grains) and walking a minimum of 30 minutes per day. He also suggested I eat smaller meals throughout the day. This is new to me as I do not "snack". So eating smaller meals might help me with the binging in the evening. Its the evening that is the toughest food-wise for me. Not sure what this would look like though. 1200 calories split into 6 is 200 calories per meal which I think is absurd. I dunno, I dunno. Oh a side note about the carbs, I asked about fruits and veggies and he did not set a limit, just 1200 calories max. I will try it just to say I gave it a shot. He told me that a patient came in a year after he told her to do this and was 100 pounds lighter, he asked what she did and she said 1200 calories and walking 30-45 min a day rain or shine.

The calories will be counted tomorrow since I have had scones but I will be good the rest of the day. Smart choices. I started before the holidays (it was tough) and knew that I would give myself a break for Thanksgiving.
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, things like spinach have virtually no calories or carbs. I think if you give Dr. Wahls youtube video a looksee you might get inspired. You can google it.

What I have found that works for me is to plan for when I would normally eat something off plan, and eat something on plan right then. For me that looks like...
    -a green breakfast smoothie
    -50oz of iced tea between breakfast and lunch as this time is never a problem for me
    -lunch is canned fish (usually salmon) with at least 4 different veggies so the plate overflows, (I add a dab of homemade mayo and a sprinkle of Olive Oil, but I am not watching my calories)
    -another 50 oz of iced tea
    -then at 4pm some celery and sugar snap peas (this can be a problem time if I am bored) and/or a pumpkin latte (decaf, Tpumpkin, almond milk, cinnamon, stevia, & whip it-I like it iced)
    -then dinner is always a BAS with at least 2 to 3 cups of greens, and 2 or 3 additional veggies (for me that is mushrooms, peppers, and cukes) with Olive oil and vinegar and my protein source on top
    -then after dinner I do the pumpkin custard-even if I don't think I want it!-this is the time I will go looking for "stuff".

Now I definitely go over 1200, but feel sure that if I wanted to limit, I could essentially do that same set up and come within the 1200, so I know you can too. Good Luck
    Chris
    Unknown