Page 204 of 614 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 6135

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 204

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I guess almost 10 years of being a vegetarian who didn't love beans or fake meats taught me to eat and love veggies.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I was the flip-side vegetarian..LOL.. thats how I gained weight!!

Sooo proud of myself today!! So far so good! Will post soon. Also, enjoying my afternoon/evening tea.

Medical update: I still have pain because I still have sutures. He was surprised I still have a lot and dang was that a painful exam! I asked about the dry patches that have me gouging my skin since the operation. I currently have a mass of scratching abrasions that have bled on my foot but I have had this at my knees, arm, thigh.. it moves. Anyhow, I use the benedryl, prescription anti-itch and am slathering it with bag balm because its antiseptic (the doc laughed) and yet still itchy as hell!! He is suggesting I get my thyroid checked. I have had my thyroid checked in the past and it has been fine. I asked if surgery can affect it, he said he doesn't know. Grrr... Anywhoo.. My restricted weight is up to 20-25 pounds but still take it easy and back off when in pain. The ovary-less pain, he said could be scar tissue or not. They are checking for a bladder infection and seeing if I need a CT from there. However, I am clear to go back to work on Thursday!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I was the flip-side vegetarian..LOL.. thats how I gained weight!!

Sooo proud of myself today!! So far so good! Will post soon. Also, enjoying my afternoon/evening tea.

Medical update: I still have pain because I still have sutures. He was surprised I still have a lot and dang was that a painful exam! I asked about the dry patches that have me gouging my skin since the operation. I currently have a mass of scratching abrasions that have bled on my foot but I have had this at my knees, arm, thigh.. it moves. Anyhow, I use the benedryl, prescription anti-itch and am slathering it with bag balm because its antiseptic (the doc laughed) and yet still itchy as hell!! He is suggesting I get my thyroid checked. I have had my thyroid checked in the past and it has been fine. I asked if surgery can affect it, he said he doesn't know. Grrr... Anywhoo.. My restricted weight is up to 20-25 pounds but still take it easy and back off when in pain. The ovary-less pain, he said could be scar tissue or not. They are checking for a bladder infection and seeing if I need a CT from there. However, I am clear to go back to work on Thursday!
    I have thyroid issues. Being on estrogen replacement increases my need for more meds.

The reason for this is estrogen found in BC pills and HRT increases thyroid binding proteins in the blood. So while someone can have adequate "total" thyroid hormones (bound and unbound) more of these totals are bound, by the increased binding proteins, and unusable by the body. Free hormones(unbound/usable amount) can be low in this case.

In your case I would suggest you do have your thyroid checked. Just make sure to get all necessary tests so that you have a complete picture. The tests I would ask for:
    1. TSH
    2. Total T4
    3. Free T4
    4. Total T3
    5. Free T3
    6. Thyroid antibodies - TPOab , TgAb

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I have thyroid issues. Being on estrogen replacement increases my need for more meds.

The reason for this is estrogen found in BC pills and HRT increases thyroid binding proteins in the blood. So while someone can have adequate "total" thyroid hormones (bound and unbound) more of these totals are bound, by the increased binding proteins, and unusable by the body. Free hormones(unbound/usable amount) can be low in this case.

In your case I would suggest you do have your thyroid checked. Just make sure to get all necessary tests so that you have a complete picture. The tests I would ask for:
    1. TSH
    2. Total T4
    3. Free T4
    4. Total T3
    5. Free T3
    6. Thyroid antibodies - TPOab , TgAb
    Thank you so much! This information is useful. I like the fact if I have to go see a doc, I can go armed with information. I have been on estrogen for almost a month now following a total Hyst. With all the research I have done about hyst and estrogen, I have not heard much about the thyroid in connection. I will make an appointment.
    Karin

Todays food:

B: 2 eggs with 2 oz of sausage, grapefruit, 2 coffee with 3T each of cream
    L: tuna salad with 1T mayo, dill relish on lettuce leaves, cherry peppers and sugar free jello
    S: pot of tea that I have enjoyed through the evening.. I meant to make a protein shake but spaced it
    D: pork chop, green beans with butter and a green salad with mush, garden onions and cukes. dressing was 2g fat
    S: Made mini pumpkin pies (1 1/2 c pumpkin, .25c cream, spices and 1 egg) with whipped cream.. so good. Ate one.

I am determined that should I need to eat tonight.. I will make a cup of tea or have a mini pumpkin pie.

day 5.jpg

I tracked my fat and its @70-80g. I count 10 fruits and veggies today!!
    Karin

awesome day! 70 to 80g of fat is about what I get when I track too. My carbs are usually about 50 to 75g, protein I always get at least 125g usually about 175g. The tea makes a huge difference in how I feel daily. Congrats.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I did not track my protein and am not sure if its where it should be. I am sure its a bit low.
    Karin

Day 5 and 6 thankfulness

Day 5: Coffee! I need to be thankful for this lovely luxury.

Day 6: I am thankful for this bunch of geezers at the local diner that can start your day on a chuckle.

PB040002.jpgPB050002.jpg
    Karin

I like your table cloth!

How fun, do the guys do breakfast every morning?
    Chris
    Unknown

Oh yes.. they are there EVERY morning. They play jokes on each other and harass the waitress who is a friend of mine. Crazy ol coots!

Day 7 thankfulness: My Jillyboo. She is a cuddle bug. Unfortunately she has had a tummy bug and we just got home from the vet. 2 shots later and she is sleepy.

1107120911.jpg
    Karin