Page 203 of 614 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 6138

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 203

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Green tea is what Schwarzbein recommends. Waaaah, I just love my coffee even black.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    There is no way I am giving up that one cup of coffee, I don't care what program I am on. I gotta draw the line somewhere!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Amen Sister! I am drinking it black this week to try and get rid of dairy / AS bloat, but I am still drinking it.
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

You are a stronger person than I am, I like it blonde (HWC) and sweet (stevia liquid)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I do not mind decaf. I will admit my sleeping is better- not perfect though. Now for my secret shame.. 11:30pm, I am still awake just watching TV, tired but not real sleepy. I get this thought in my head that if I do not eat a snack I will be awake all night. It was like a panic.. so I did this..*hanging head*

PB040001.jpg

Yes, I photographed my indiscretion..

I am off to a better start this morning. I was depressed because this morning I saw how these past 6 weeks have affected the weight on the scale. I am determined though. I am moving more today and even though I am VLC, I am checking my fats just to see if I am in acceptable parameters. So, I am measuring and notating. Already I have noticed that I need to use the coffee mugs that came with my dishes instead of my huge ones just to control the amount of cream I consume. I will save the larger mugs for tea. You are right, I need to make and drink tea. I like putting 1-2 reg tea bags and 2-3 herb tea bags in a pot to brew.

Today I go in for my 6 week post op and back to work on the 8th (thursday).
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I didn't realize you were doing VLC. How are you getting away with bananas and apples? One of either of those would put you out of the VLC range wouldn't it? If it was me, I would drop the fruit and keep the HWC (especially going out of summer fruit season and into the cold weather season). And really, low fat and VLC? I think you will be hungry, on a cellular level as well as a tummy growling level. I worry that you would be setting yourself up.

Don't let a one time bad choice (last night's snack) push you into an overly strict regimen.

On another board I am on, one of the most successful posters allows herself 1 carby item a day. Whether it is a banana, or a cookie, or a piece of chocolate, whatever. She says she is actually getting to where she forgets because once she gave herself permission it was a lot less interesting.

At any rate, what ever you decide, I am here to support you, gotta do what you think is best for you.
    Chris
    Unknown

Not necessarily if she chooses only one each day. That is what I do. A medium apple or banana is about 25g carb. VLC being anything below 50g per day, of course.

I am not trying to go low fat, I just do not want to be a fat party of food everyday. I think of it as VLC/LC I guess. I try to be 50g carbs or below most days but some days I know it will be @ 75g. My thinking is this: If I eat moderate fat and protein and VLC/LC I should see results. Correct?

Its hard not to come down hard on myself after a slip-up. Its the self loathing. I need to practice more self love and forgiveness. I need to be walking more as well, but am still looking for the motivation.
    Karin

I was thinking from my food tracking perspective I guess, all the veggies I eat, even though they are non-starchy, still get me over 50g, if I added a banana and or an apple it would take me well out of VLC range. I think that if you are not indiscriminately adding fat (ie. bullet proof coffee) and just getting what is in the protein as well as what ever you have to use to keep it from sticking to the cooking surface, and any that you need to make the veggies edible you are probably in pretty good shape as far as that is concerned.

I know that when I have a slip-up, I tend to get on the super restrictive band wagon. And all that tends to do is to push me further down the abyss. It feels like it is punishment (probably because it is). My current mind set is to get myself on track as often as possible and to let go of those slips. If I can just be kind to myself, I will slowly end up having more days on track than off, and eventually I will just be on track with an occasional/rare treat or indulgence. And it will produce a smaller, less fat version of me.

As to the exercise, I know that in the recent past (within the past 3 years) I had a period of time in which, my eating was on track and it got my sleeping on track, and I actually wanted to move, so I did. It was not forced, and if I didn't do it I was sad, not mad at myself. that is what I am looking for again.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

As to the exercise, I know that in the recent past (within the past 3 years) I had a period of time in which, my eating was on track and it got my sleeping on track, and I actually wanted to move, so I did. It was not forced, and if I didn't do it I was sad, not mad at myself. that is what I am looking for again.
    this makes sense and I have seen it myself. I am nervous about exercise and overdoing. The post-op pain was such, I do not want to feel it again. I know this is a panic that sounds insane but there it is. I am going to talk about my new limitations at todays dr appt. I still feel pain in the right ovary section, even though there is no ovary. Crazy-talk I know.

As for VLC/LC- if you look at my pics.. I am not a huge veggie girl. I should be, but sadly I am not.
    Karin