Page 2 of 637 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 2

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Observations since going primal: The fast paced lifestyle meets primal is tough. I eat out more than I should. I would love to eat at home more but when you are on the go so much, its not easy to just head home to eat when you live out of town. Packing in does not always fit either as sometimes things take longer than you expect when you head to town. I hate the city though! Ate a smoked chicken and ham salad at a bbq joint for lunch. I have ranch dressing and what I have noticed is that the past few times I have eaten ranch dressing, my voice gets all raspy- weird.. Something is not agreeing with me, still reevaluating the whole dairy issue. Seriously considering just cutting it out completely.

What am I eating?? Had a great coffee coconut milk frappachino this morning. I am still experimenting on the recipe but it was good with caffeine. Dinner was so primal! I impressed myself. I grilled tenderized round steak and made a BAS to go with it and used balsamic vinegar as the dressing. Being used to heavy dressings for so long, just balsamic is going to take a little getting used to but my voice is fine! ☺

Exercise: Grocery shopping at Dillons. Some may say, that does not count. I say, try walking around the store with a big ass boot on your foot. It wears me out, therefore its exercise ☺
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

sick yesterday.. I mean real sick, not the I don't feel 100%. It was weird because there are certain things my body does not do-ever! puking is one of them. All I had before that is coffee with cream, blueberries and a glass of coconut milk. I was not feeling good in the afternoon either and went to bed. Still have a blinky tummy. Is this the carb flu or a real bug?! I did have a little ice cream yesterday afternoon which I am sure contributed to my not feeling well. Seriously thinking dairy has got to go.

Observations since going primal: I am still caught up in calories. I am amazed that the food diaries say I need 2300 and I have not hit it or even come close once. Thats a lot of food. Now, I can hit that no problem eating crap, but I am really not. Like honeybun said in earlier posts, I am getting used to eating this lifestyle. Its not really hard and I can not say I miss bread, cookies, chips etc. I have not even been tempted with them, YET (school has not started) I am trying to eat when Im hungry, you would think it would be so easy! Habits are hard to break and then I think about my schedule when school starts. I will leave the house at 6:15am. I may or may not be hungry to eat that early but then I have to eat before I start teaching! ARG!

What am I eating? well.. ice cream is bad, truly evil! Never again! I have also been snacking on raw shelled pumpkin seeds (yum) and a little dried fruit. I even had a kickin' salad at Chuck E Cheese yesterday (no pizza-yuck). I was proud of my choice. It helps that I brought a ziplock with grilled steak from the night before nicely cubed for the salad.

Exercise: Why do I bother when I am in this boot. It is what it is.
    Karin

belinda is offline Senior Member
    You only have a week and a bit to go til you get your boot off

I'm eagerly awaiting your first weigh-in on August 1. Even though Primal is not just about the weight, a little bit of success goes a long way! I've got my fingers crossed for you!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Meant to add that you could be having a gut bacteria 'die off' which could make you feel pukey. Try some probiotics. I don't have any experience with this but if you put 'die off' in the forum search box, I"m sure you'll find lots of info.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I'm into my third week, I think, and immediately started noticing issues with dairy. Sad, really, since I used to be such a milk drinker (up until the age of 18 pretty much, and that was only 5 years ago...wait maybe that's not really an "only" kind of situation) and I do like cheese. I wonder if maybe all that bread soaked up the dairy and made it easier to process/ignore, but now I am pretty sensitive to wheat too!

I'm definitely having calorie issues too. I was really hungry all the time and then realized I wasn't eating enough (under 1000 a day). Since increasing, I feel a bit better, but I can only have so much of one food before I don't want anymore, but I'm still hungry. I'm having some issues adjusting too, but the main thing is eat when your hungry, stop when you're satisfied (or you run out of food you want, in my case). You are not alone!

Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    Meant to add that you could be having a gut bacteria 'die off' which could make you feel pukey. Try some probiotics. I don't have any experience with this but if you put 'die off' in the forum search box, I"m sure you'll find lots of info.
    Thank you so much. I found a post with a very helpful website and I think you are right. I went and got some heavy duty probiotics so hopefully I will see some results soon.
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'm into my third week, I think, and immediately started noticing issues with dairy. Sad, really, since I used to be such a milk drinker (up until the age of 18 pretty much, and that was only 5 years ago...wait maybe that's not really an "only" kind of situation) and I do like cheese. I wonder if maybe all that bread soaked up the dairy and made it easier to process/ignore, but now I am pretty sensitive to wheat too!

I'm definitely having calorie issues too. I was really hungry all the time and then realized I wasn't eating enough (under 1000 a day). Since increasing, I feel a bit better, but I can only have so much of one food before I don't want anymore, but I'm still hungry. I'm having some issues adjusting too, but the main thing is eat when your hungry, stop when you're satisfied (or you run out of food you want, in my case). You are not alone!
    I am concerned about the calories and not eating enough. i know that not eating enough can hinder weight loss. I have been drinking coconut milk and using coconut oil to help with the calories. I eat until I am satisfied but still fall short.

I think I am going to stop dairy though and see how things go. I think it will help my tummy heal if I do.
    Karin

Observations: I think it may be fairly easy to give up dairy but ooooohhhh loving coconut milk in my coffee! As for cheese, its a rare treat so no biggie and yogurt/cottage cheese is a take it or leave it- gonna leave it. Tummy still blinky but have started hard core probiotics for the month and will then reevaluate.

What am I eating? I IF'd breakfast. (its a good thing this community knows what that means- say it out loud and it sounds ummm). I hope the IF counts if your not feeling good. an IF should be an IF, right? Lunch not spectacular (will nothing agree with me??) and then Im getting hungry for dinner so not sure what I am going to do about that Bone broth sounds good so I went and got some bones, broth will be ready tomorrow evening maybe.. hey!! bonus moment: I did not sample, taste nothing this wondrous looking/smelling sugar cookie today. Was not craving it but I do remember how they taste from this little local cookie company. SCORE!

Exercise: I shopped at walmart- enough said, my foot hurts a bit tonight.
    Karin

Observations: my mood is good and I am beginning to have more energy. Sleeping at night is still a coin toss though.

What am I eating: Still not much of an appetite. Had an omelet and bacon at breakfast, then this afternoon I had a caprese salad (yes, I had some dairy but don't think that has anything to do with my appetite. Feeling a little hungry but right now nothing sounds good. Bone both is still cooking, it was really thin broth this morning so I added more meat/bones. Gonna sample some tonight and see.. it may need to cook some more. Oh.. and I am in love- with coconut milk!! Thank you Dr. Bork Bork for the heads up with Amazon auto ship!! I love it in coffee, when I need a sweet pick me up I have a little (even if its so thick) and YES its UNsweetened

Exercise: pass- I hate this boot- it makes me grumpy in this heat.
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well.. insomnia- CHECK! CRAP!

Observations: I can not wait until I get my copy of primal BP.. its on order, wish it would hurry up and come. I am doing BP as well as I can based on MDA and what I glean from the boards. So far I think I am doing it right. It will be good to get the book so I can tweak what I am doing to perfection.

Food: Appetite coming back. Perhaps the die off has gone. I have not taken my other vitamins for a couple of days but I am still on the probiotics. I am also STILL cooking the damned bone broth. Got some good suggestions so, hopefully soon it will be ready. The last 2 days I have not had much veggies. I plan to ramp it up a bit today. The last 2 days I have been severely under calories- but when your not hungry, your not hungry.

exercise: see yesterday
    Karin