Page 199 of 617 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 6162

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 199

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think I will make me some more pumpkin pie.. thats smart food and yummy too!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I am starting a grateful challenge. Everyday this month I will be taking a picture of something I am thankful for. I plan on posting to my FB but I will post here as well. Its just a fun challenge and gives me an excuse to play with my digital camera Maybe I will make a collage and hang in in my house. I dunno.. anyone want to join me?
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I like it! Probably won't post as I am technologically challenged, I will just leave them on my phone.

I have also thought about taking a photo of everything I eat so I don't have to write it down but can still keep track. Also if I take the photo before I eat it that may slow me down before I put something I really shouldn't into my mouth.

Our candy doesn't get opened until the first trick or treater knocks on the door, then all the leftover goes to DH's work.
    Last edited by demuralist; 10-31-2012 at 08:18 AM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Karin - I'm in! What a great idea. [Are you locked down on FB? I might have to find you]

My LE "habit" for the next 2 weeks is to record our food intake (this does NOT mean counting calories or getting all obsessive - it's a research tool). For me, this has meant taking pictures of my food. Can't tell you how much it helps...if I REALLY want that little cake ball, I have to take a picture. If I'm going to have another, means I need to take a picture. Makes me think before I go into mindless eating. I also think - do I have enough veggies on that plate?

We skipped the candy. We got laser finger lights (really cool, if I do say so myself and glow sticks. I hope they're a success. Cheaper than the candy I used to buy!!!!

Karin - how goes the recovery?
    -- Ruth

I wanted to do glow sticks, never heard of finger lights, but DH said he would take the candy away and since he is the one who will be handing it out, I let it go.

Ruth you have inspired me I will begin to take photos of everything I eat.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I love the idea of photographing what you eat. It can give you perspective on portions too. I think for the most part people are visual, so this makes sense.

I am feeling better physically since surgery. However, the shifting of hormones is interesting. Random headaches, flushing, flashing etc. I am back to work on the 8th.

I am on facebook. I will send you a message Ruth so we can find each other. I have Paula!
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Love the food pic idea and the gratitude idea. Might have to try it.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

me too, me too though I don't use facebook much (now I am a pinterest fiend though!), p.m. me so we can facebook! thanks.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    DH will unlock my security tonight, and then I'll PM you with my info. Since we're all locked up, I can't make it work [And, without DH, I don't know how to change my security settings]
    -- Ruth

Well.. the candy stash is done. I ran out and dd supplemented her own stash because she wanted to give stuff out. Her grandma is buying he replacement candy. We had @ 80 tricker treaters.

I felt better today except for a horrid headache all day. I decided to grill dinner and make apple pie on the grill.. yum!!
    Karin