Page 197 of 616 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 6158

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 197

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I will nap at some point today... crap.. I was WIDE FLIPPIN AWAKE UNTIL 4am! My clean eating went out the window at 2am.. but then thats a new day and starts this day with a black mark. I putting that crayon away today. For the rest of the day.. no sugar and no grain.

Well, somewhere I lost track of my daughter growing or she SHOT UP.. her jeans are high and quite a few shirts are in need of disappearing (she would keep EVERYTHING). I feel like such a horrible mother. She said the kids at school think we are poor because she does not wear "name brands". I have never been into name brands except in regards to shoes because of my foot issue. I hate mean kids! However, the girl IS in need of some new clothes. Guess who is shopping a bit today?

I think these hormones I am taking are making me neurotic.. I get the "feeling" my team of teachers is mad at me because I am not there. Its not like I asked for this or anything!! However in talking to one via text last night, she said they were not mad but super jealous especially since its conference time. Oh yeah.. this is something to be jealous over, said no woman ever who JUST had a hysterectomy
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Glad the evening snack worked.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    salvation army, goodwill, thrift stores. I NEVER paid full price for my kids clothes. When they were little and growing fast we had a favorite consignment store where we would go for every change of season and take the last seasons clothes, which they had grown out of, and buy the next seasons clothes. Those stores usually give you a higher percentage if you take it back in merchandise than if you want cash back for the clothes you bring in. And I swear I never walked out of there spending more than $20 or $30 for 2 kids and a whole season's worth of clothes. I loved that place.

Lucky for me, my kids are anti-designer labels!

Truth be told though she probably needs to learn how to hold up to the mean kids, if it isn't about the labels it will be about the kind of back pack or that she packs a lunch instead of buying one or she keeps her pencils too sharp. They tend to seek out the kids who seem most affected by the taunts. My son had a kid who did that to him and some of his friends. So we sat and talked about what he could do ie. walk away, or have a clever response, etc. we practiced some responses so he would be ready. One day the kid used one of his typical taunts and DS had a ready (and very funny) answer to which everyone around cracked up and began to side with DS. Which put the taunter in his place. Then my son opted to never respond to the kid again, no matter what, he would just go about his business like the kid wasn't there. It finally drove the kid crazy and he grabbed my son by the throat! Now, this kid was half my son's size, so no real threat to my son. It was during PE and the coach walked in right as it happened, and luckily for the kid, just before DS and his buds went into defense mode. The kid was suspended, coach was a zero tolerance kind of guy.

In the end though, DS figured out, those kind of people seek out kids they think will give the most reaction, so he stopped reacting, never had a problem since.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Ugh.. so I managed to be gone all day today.. went to moms for a couple hours to chill and get dogged up then came home. I am so tired but I do not dare go to bed to early or at 3:30am wake up will get me, I think of it as a boogy monster.

Ok.. so bought dd some longer jeans (they will swim on her waist.. poor baby and her 6 pack) as well as a couple of tops and some CUUUUTTEE converse. Most on sale and clearance because.. well.. thats how I roll. Also got her costume good to go. I was a good girl and drove a stinkin cart though. The bonus was a friend called to chat because her kid had a field trip and we met for lunch before she had to go to that. I get so bored sometimes.

Food.. oh must we discuss this? so.. we all know about my 2am crash.. no sleep, was too tired for breakfast.. met friend at Wendys for lunch (portabell0 burger no bun with fries and a diet coke). Not the most healthy should have opted for a salad but I did not even think about it until I was done and driving away. Sooooo tired. So, having some pork ribs for dinner and I need to scrounge up a veggie somewhere as I have not had any today. So typical of me. carrots and celery sound good to me for dinner. Oh and snacked on a few corn chips at moms with some salsa (ding ding.. veggie there, all is not lost). Tomorrow is a fresh new day. I forgot the vitamins for the past 2 days.. that could be a problem.
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    salvation army, goodwill, thrift stores. I NEVER paid full price for my kids clothes. When they were little and growing fast we had a favorite consignment store where we would go for every change of season and take the last seasons clothes, which they had grown out of, and buy the next seasons clothes. Those stores usually give you a higher percentage if you take it back in merchandise than if you want cash back for the clothes you bring in. And I swear I never walked out of there spending more than $20 or $30 for 2 kids and a whole season's worth of clothes. I loved that place.

Lucky for me, my kids are anti-designer labels!

Truth be told though she probably needs to learn how to hold up to the mean kids, if it isn't about the labels it will be about the kind of back pack or that she packs a lunch instead of buying one or she keeps her pencils too sharp. They tend to seek out the kids who seem most affected by the taunts. My son had a kid who did that to him and some of his friends. So we sat and talked about what he could do ie. walk away, or have a clever response, etc. we practiced some responses so he would be ready. One day the kid used one of his typical taunts and DS had a ready (and very funny) answer to which everyone around cracked up and began to side with DS. Which put the taunter in his place. Then my son opted to never respond to the kid again, no matter what, he would just go about his business like the kid wasn't there. It finally drove the kid crazy and he grabbed my son by the throat! Now, this kid was half my son's size, so no real threat to my son. It was during PE and the coach walked in right as it happened, and luckily for the kid, just before DS and his buds went into defense mode. The kid was suspended, coach was a zero tolerance kind of guy.

In the end though, DS figured out, those kind of people seek out kids they think will give the most reaction, so he stopped reacting, never had a problem since.
    oh we are constantly addressing bullying. It does not help that she is an easy target because kids can smell her anxiety a mile a way. We are working through this and I know the school gets sick of hearing from me. On a side note, tomorrow is her conference and 504 meeting so I hope to address some of this then.
    Karin

good luck, it is such a stressful thing.

Woman, who cares if you are waking up at 3am right now. Send the kid off to school and get back in bed!!!!!! Yes this won't work when you go back to work, but for now, you don't heal if you don't sleep. If you wake up just get out of bed and do something else, stop stressing about it cause that only makes it harder to fall back to sleep. Have a nice cup of tea and read a funny book or watch a funny movie or show.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    good luck, it is such a stressful thing.

Woman, who cares if you are waking up at 3am right now. Send the kid off to school and get back in bed!!!!!! Yes this won't work when you go back to work, but for now, you don't heal if you don't sleep. If you wake up just get out of bed and do something else, stop stressing about it cause that only makes it harder to fall back to sleep. Have a nice cup of tea and read a funny book or watch a funny movie or show.
    ahright, ahright, ahright..so I was up at 4am, after falling asleep around 11p, got up and read a bit on the kindle until I felt sleepy. Back to bed until 8:30.

After the conference I think the kid and I will head to my moms for some down time. I need to get dogged up (2 chihuahuas the royal bed warmers) and watch a movie.. that is such a restful thing.
    Karin

cup of hot tea, and a snuggle on the couch in front of a movie, best thing in the world!
    Chris
    Unknown

Had a great day today.. not a great food day but a restful dogged up day.
    Karin

PA270004.jpgHere is DD in her costume as a popstar. She is hamming it up as you can see!! Her costume preview at trunk or treat got a lot of positive attention. She was truly one of a kind! LOL

Sleeping has been a little better the last couple of nights. I am not wearing the fitbit to monitor yet but will when things settle down into some sort of pattern. Random data irritates me..LOL.. dang hormones!

So.. I am having a great food day so far:

2 eggs, sausage and made a crustless individual pumpkin pie.. yum (1/2 c pumpkin, 1/8c cream, egg, sweetener and cinnamon (out of pumpkin pie spice). Divine!!

Getting ready to have a little lunch which will be leftover roasted red bell pepper soup I made from SCRATCH yesterday... umm yupp.. so good (roast 3 red bells then in a pan/pot sautee 1 chopped onion with a bay leaf and thyme if you have it- I didnt so I added italian seasoning. When the onions are sauteed and browned on edge add broth and the roasted red bells. Simmer for @ 20 min or so. Using an immersion blender, blend it all up. Tadaaaaa!!! Instant yum!) I need to find something to eat with it so I dont go for a grilled cheese (don't ask). I have some bronsweiger (no idea how to spell it) that might go on the side with some spicy brown mustard. Fall comfort foods!! Love em!

I need to start walking. Today I am going to try walking a couple blocks out and a couple back. Since I go back to work on the 8th.. I need to build up my endurance.
    Karin