Page 196 of 614 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 6134

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 196

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    oook.. awake at 3am and tummy making empty noises even though I do not feel hungry.. I feel empty. Bet thats why I am up. So this whole do not eat when your not hungry is wreaking hell on my sleep!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    OMG, MOM! send the stuff back! Healing foods, healing foods, healing foods!

You felt empty at 3am because you didn't have enough protein and fat to sustain a long sleep. The carbs probably made early sleep good though (on the bright side)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I have a small snack just before bed, like a slice of cheese or some nuts. Otherwise I wake up hungry too.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Hey, Karin. Here's praying for a wonderful day. Do the best you can, trying for incremental improvement.
    -- Ruth

Well.. I made it through the volleyball tournament by finding a bench where I could sit sideways, stretch my feet out and lean on a wall. I was able to go home for an hour to rest. The next day though, pain.. as I knew it would be. So I called me secretary and told her that while I planned on coming back early, it just can not happen. I need the full 6 weeks the doctor gave me. Crap!

Let us not discuss contraband food.

I have been reading quantum paleo on my kindle. Yet another paleo book, they all say about the same thing but there is something about reading different perspectives. Its a pretty good book. The guy is a chiropractor/kinesiologist in NYC and I am pretty impressed. I will be writing more about him later.

Today was not so bad a day. I had to go to the grocery store.. and ride around in a cart (blech), talk about feeling self conscious. I feel like I have to justify why I need the damn thing.

Emotions running high today.. sleep has been elusive for the past few nights...more tomorrow.
    Karin

Last night sleep was good. I had a snack before bedtime. Perhaps this is what I need, I will not know until I start weighing in daily. 4 small meals (B,L,D,S)

OK.. so I admit I can be a little dense. I need to realize that even though I am in a household of 2 (1 adult and 1 child), I pretty much cook for one. Seldom does my child eat what I make because, OMG.. its healthy or grownup food, or meat, or veggies you get the idea. What does my kid eat? toddlerish food as well as your basic kid food thats quick and easy. I can get her to eat a good meal on occasion but not on a regular basis. When she does not choose to eat what I made I do not make it easy on her though. She has to find an alternative. I am not a short order cook.. again, I digress. So I went shopping in the motorized cart again and in the produce isle there were precut veggie packs such as "fajita mix (onions and red and green bells), streak topper (onions, mushrooms, sage and rosemary), you get the idea. On sale it is totally affordable. So, instead of loading my fridge with veggies that I can not always eat before they go bad, I bought a few trays of these. Talk about making meals easy. I sautéed the steak topper in butter, added a couple eggs and bam! BREAKFAST. Delish by the way. I felt like I shopping as I did BK (before kid). I am not explaining this well. To sum it up, I have been making this more difficult than it needs to be. Back on track for me!

this is such a rambling post..

Today, I am going to attempt to do something about my dd room. The state it is in is past appalling and has trickled out the door into the hall. I am going to take it easy and just sit on the floor with an empty laundry basket for clothes and a trashbag for crap taking breaks as needed.
    Karin

the food idea sounds great! I just finally started keeping something in the freezer that my kids would eat that I could live with and that they could make. You don't like what I made you know where the alternative is and clean up after yourself or you will be forced to not have an alternative at all. It worked. Whining stopped. I eat healthier because I don't compromise with what they might eat, they see me eating the good stuff. They know better but I am not going to be the food nazi, too stressful!

My memory of being on bedrest was 15 minutes up, 1 hour down (actually in bed!). Is there some formula like that for the healing process so you won't allow yourself to over work it and end up back in the hospital?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

My memory of being on bedrest was 15 minutes up, 1 hour down (actually in bed!). Is there some formula like that for the healing process so you won't allow yourself to over work it and end up back in the hospital?
    its very vague. They say, rest and take it easy. No vacuuming, sweeping, bending, lifting over 10 pounds, being on your feet for long periods, walking for long periods (although I feel stronger and am going to try a little walk today)... stark raving mad I tell you!!!

Well it took about 2 hours or so but I sat on the floor (once I could find the floor) and cleaned her floor, scooting myself around as I went. I start at the furthest point in the room and end up at the door. Black trash bag is FULL!! laundry basket is FULL!! I have to wait for someone to drag the laundry basket to the laundry room. DD will flip the laundry when she gets home so I can start a new load. I can put stuff in, but the twisting to put it in the dryer or the bending and twisting to pull it from the dryer is still off limits. I already stretch the limits in regards to the dishwasher.. but oh am I thankful I have one!!

lunch is turkey pot roast from jennie O.. well ok.. its a turkey thigh really. I added some gravy although its splendid without it and have carrots and celery with some ranch on the side.
    Karin

I am proud to say I had a cleanish day of eating. The only thing questionable was some gravy on my turkey. For dinner I had the rest of my turkey pot roast (that lasted 3 meals.. not bad!) and a whole grapefruit. Today I had 6 fruits and veggies not including some herbs (don;t think those count). I will have a snack before bed to see if it helps with sleeping. For my snack I was thinking some Gouda cheese and some carrots and celery- maybe an apple too. That would bring my total to 9!!!!

I am proud of myself. Today I had no sugar, scant grains (again.. the gravy.. but its all gone so, whoop!)
    Karin

yeah for the clean eating. If it is store bought gravy there is probably more of an issue with the salt than with the grain! It can be a chore to get all those veggies and fruit in (notice I changed the order-too many fruits will slow fat loss progress-or so they tell me, everything slows my loss progress!)

Hope the snacks help with sleep! you know, you could nap while the kid is at school right?
    Chris
    Unknown